North American Sales Operations Manager
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job DescriptionWhen you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in
finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure
our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll
be supported in achieving your career goals.
Our North American Sales Operations Manager will report into our
Specialty Diagnostics Group to support our Microbiology Division.
This role will be based out of our Lenexa, KS, campus.
How will you make an impact?
The North American Sales Operations Manager is a key role to
support driving revenue growth and profitability by measuring
commercial effectiveness in the Sales function. This role will act
as a business partner to the sales leaders across the region and is
required to draw conclusions for the activity measured and turn the
insight into recommendations and proposals to support growth
activity. This role will be pivotal in implementing best practice
across the region, including full CRM adoption, implementing new
sales tools, such as pricing tools and managing the sales
commission process.The role holder will be required to drive
actions to completion, identify future potential risks, as
indicated through data analysis and comfortable working to tight
deadlines to meet business requirements.What will you do?
- Implement and drive metrics to report to the commercial
leadership team on pipeline, revenue, price and sales performance,
highlighting areas of exceptional performance and those which need
- Accountable for embedding the use of CRM across the region to
improve pipeline information through the wider business, enabling
better decision making
- Be instrumental in driving the sales commission process through
construction of the annual plans to ensure they meet business
needs, through to acceptance of the plans and payments to the sales
force in a timely manner
- Responsible for the implementation of new sales productivity
tools, through the design input to ensure they are fit for purpose,
implementation to the sales teams and continued education to ensure
- Drive price performance through sales tools, metrics and
identification of areas to address, working closely with the Global
Strategic Pricing team
- Work with the other regional Sales Operations teams to share
and adopt best practice globally
- Travel within the region will be required. Circa 20%.
- Travel outside of the region will also be required but expected
to be approximately twice per yearHow will you get there?
- Bachelors degree or similar.
- At least 3 years of sales operations / sales experience in a
- Proven experience of driving improvement and efficiency in
commercial environment through sales processes, KPI s, CRM or
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders in matrix
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
demonstrable ability to interact professionally with a diverse
group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Previous experience in implementing new sales tools is
- Proven experience of design and implementation of sales
- Commercial experience in large sales organization responsible
for consumable and capital sales with demonstrated
- Working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial to the role.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process, for
further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative
Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
protected status. Associated topics: cultivate, forklift, fork
lift, inventory, manage, plant, plant management, production
management, prune, scanner Associated topics: cultivate, forklift,
fork lift, inventory, manage, plant, plant management, production
management, prune, scanner
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Olathe , North American Sales Operations Manager, Sales , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!