Truck Driver (Home Nightly) - CDL (Class A)*
Company: Core and Main
Posted on: April 14, 2019
Company OverviewAbout Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North Americas largest
distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire
protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both
contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water,
wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection
industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving
North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company
provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite
delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics
and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers'
success.Job Description & QualificationsJob Summary
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all DOT
regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver
products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier
and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and
deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Core & Main
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at customers
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the
- Must be twenty one years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific DetailsPreferred
- Have a current Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued
by the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant
endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e.
HazMat to transport hazardous materials that require
- One (1) year of commercial driving experience compliant with
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and DOT regulations
- Forklift certification preferred.
Keywords: Core and Main, Olathe , Truck Driver (Home Nightly) - CDL (Class A)*, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!