Mechanical and/or Electrical Assembler - Olathe
Company: Sovereign Staffing Group
Posted on: January 9, 2019
Sovereign Staffing Group is hiring for a manufacturer distribution for power generation equipment. The Mechanical Assembler is responsible for the manufacturing and assembly of diesel and natural gas powered generator solutions in a cost-effective and timely manner while fulfilling quality standards. Under the direction of the Assembly Supervisor, the Assembler will validate materials prior to beginning assembly, review work instructions, build product per specifications and within tolerance, complete all clean-up and housekeeping procedures, and comply with all quality, safety, work rules, and regulations. If you meet our Qualification requirements listed below come and join our team!!! Requirements
- Manufacture electro-mechanical power generators to specified work orders by following engineering manufacturing assembly instructions and standard operating procedures, and in conjunction with lean manufacturing principles.
- Assembly electrical control panels, breaker panels, and transformers.
- Perform mechanical assembly and installation of electronic devices consisting of wire harnesses, circuit boards, power supplies, product labels, hardware, and various components into chassis.
- Assemble components to specifications through the use and operation of standard and specialized hand tools, as well as power and air-impact tools in order to install, fit, and adjust parts within established guidelines and under supervision to achieve the required specifications, as well as use overhead cranes to move products and equipment.
- Verify dimensions, tolerances, and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to blueprint specifications, using instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and height gauges, Atlas torque machine.
- Run, route and bundle the terminals/wires, as well as crimp and connect pins to connectors, connector termination, as well as inspect wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits along with some rework.
- Identify assembly problems, notifying the supervisor to obtain additional resources, and correct defects.
- Verify accuracy and quality of work in accordance with established control procedures
- Regular and predictable on-site job attendance along with the ability to work schedule as defined and overtime as required.
- Engage in the reduction and/or elimination of non-value added work throughout the organization. Work with direction from the line leader, as well as with limited supervision, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Meets production deadlines and completes all work by performing an appropriate, safe, and effective operation of all equipment needed to perform the job.
- Consistently follows and adheres to all safety and good manufacturing practices (GMP's).
- Other job-related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- One or Two year experience working in a mechanical environment
- Must be very comfortable and have previous experience working with hand tools, power/air impact tools.
- Good technical problem-solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Must have a professional attitude, work well with others along with the ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions/procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must consistently wear required personal protective equipment and adhere to safety procedures. Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; frequently move around workstation/area and production floor; position self to access different areas and angles of the product being assembled, to include stooping, bending, and crouching. Frequently use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms to operate equipment and install components or move parts/equipment. Lifts push/pulls, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis. May have to move the object from one location to another.
- Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision work to perform inspections and in reading schematics, blueprints and instructions. Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to troubleshoot assembly problems analyzing the variables, drawing a conclusion on the best course of action. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions or information contained within engineering prints. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based on job requirements. Electrical Assembler must have some sort of associates or equivalent electrical degree in order to know how to read electrical diagrams. Additionally, the candidate MUST be comfortable working with power tools and engines- diesel/ gas. Pay $14.50- $16 depending on experience Mechanical Assembler must have experience working with power tools and mechanical wrenches. They will also be very comfortable working with diesel and/or gas engines. Pay $15.50-$17 depending on experience If you are interested, Call Sonya
Keywords: Sovereign Staffing Group, Olathe , Mechanical and/or Electrical Assembler - Olathe, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!