Central Processing Technician (Sterile)
Company: Olathe Health
Posted on: November 19, 2023
We welcome you to join the Sterile Processing Team as a Sterile
Processing Technician. You will be responsible for reprocessing
instruments and equipment to include pre cleaning, decontamination,
setting, and sterilizing. This position provides services to the
entire hospital with a large emphasis on Surgery instrumentation.
The SP Tech is trained to operate sterilizers and become familiar
with the sterilization process as well as the decontamination
process for various pieces of equipment. The SP Tech is also
responsible for maintaining various carts and distributing as
needed to include code carts and isolation carts.
- High School or GED Minimum
- Previous Healthcare Experience Preferred Key Responsibilities:
- Performs job duties in a manner to consistently improve the
patient experience and minimize delays. Supportive of others
involved in patient's care. Assists the patient and family with
coordinating care to meet individual needs. Facilitates patient
flow thru the department processes. Demonstrates organizational
skills and plans ahead.
- Consistently demonstrates cost savings activities: Minimize
supply waste. Demonstrates productive use of time. Offers
suggestions for cost savings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental information by:
regularly attending staff meetings, reading email information,
attending departmental in-service offerings, reading communication
books, reviewing available literature and resource material.
- Able to respond to emergent situations in an effective manner
and willing to cross-train to other areas / departments.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective conflict resolution
skills. Step 1: addresses issues with individuals involved in a
courteous and professional manner Step 2: escalates issues to
appropriate Department Director, as necessary Benefit Highlights:
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or
Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term
Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals
(up to $5,250/year) Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and
happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something
special...something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest
health care professionals who are focused on providing
compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue
to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while
providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do
their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to
deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we
believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a
dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates
today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our
patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical
Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and
Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician
corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of
services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life,
from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties,
including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home
health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC
and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine's "2020 Best Companies to Work for"
(large employer category) and one of the "Best Hospitals in Kansas
for Nurses" (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for
YOU to join our team today!
Keywords: Olathe Health, Olathe , Central Processing Technician (Sterile), Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!