Material Handler/Receiving Lead
Company: Nesco Resource, LLC
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Associates in the Material Handler position are responsible for
keeping the various manufacturing areas stocked with materials so
they can produce on time and in accordance with specific work
instructions and applicable safety and quality assurance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify all the pick work orders.
- Deliver accurate work orders to production line.
- Assisting with all return's orders from the production line to
the correspondent product area.
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse management procedures and
- Assumes "ownership of the warehouse area by removing clutter,
properly labeling, and moving materials in a timely manner,
completing daily house-keeping activities, and appropriate
adjustments are completed to guarantee material inventory
- Maintains the "Five Second Rule whereby anyone walking through
the warehouse can tell in 5 seconds or less whether everything is
in its proper place. As an ongoing goal, the area should always be
- Performs daily forklift inspection and documents findings on
the "Daily Forklift Inspection Checklist.
- Carefully operates forklifts and other equipment in a safe
manner to assure safety for everyone and avoid damage to materials,
equipment and building assets. Any "near miss or actual damage must
be reported immediately to the Shift Leader or MMLM.
- Works proactively and with a sense of urgency to ensure that
all machines within the facility are kept stocked with materials in
support of the production schedule as well as properly returning
and documenting materials to the warehouse when required.
Minimizing machine down time due to lack of materials is a key goal
of this position.
- Labels all materials and accurately. Accounts for and documents
all material movements to maintain our inventory and location
- Wraps, bands, labels, and secures materials to pallets for safe
movement of materials.
- Assists with monthly and yearly physical inventory
- Ensures that all responsibilities and functions performed are
in accordance with company and quality procedures.
- Supports the company emphasis on teamwork and cooperation to
achieve our goals by performing other duties as assigned including
working in other departments from time to time and helping with
periodic cleanup issues.
- Generates improvement ideas and embraces improvement projects
to better the business.
- Participates in 6S initiatives and Kaizen events as
- Regular and consistent attendance to fulfill work
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Quality Management System
through the correct execution of its functions and/or
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Quality
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos
Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or
veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with
respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, LLC, Olathe , Material Handler/Receiving Lead, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...