Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 8, 2022
First things First: Who are we? First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. The Safety
Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the safety program
for one or more small to midsize locations. Ensures compliance with
federal, state and local regulations and company policy.
Responsibilities include all or most of those listed below. Safety
- Administers driver hiring and compliance process (e.g.,
interviewing and driver selection; collecting applications;
criminal background checks; credit reports; drug/alcohol testing;
fingerprint checks; DOT physicals; TB Skin tests; motor vehicle
records checks; I-9 forms).
- Provides direction and guidance to location trainers. Develops
and monitors contents of classroom training to ensure compliance.
Teaches classes as required. Schedules and conducts re-cert and
- Investigates incidents, accidents, and work-related injuries
including accident investigation, accident reports, accident files,
accident register, and follows up with the claims office and
adjusters as necessary. Typically determines fault or
preventability based on the facts identified at the scene. Provides
post-accident counseling with drivers. Retrains drivers as
- Prepares and submits accident-related compliance forms,
maintains files, and enters in DMO, or otherwise submits data to
appropriate person or organization.
- Plans, schedules and conducts monthly safety meetings based on
region and company safety and safety training goals and objectives.
Assists and participates in Safety Action Team meetings. Sets up
regular accident review committees to determine preventability of
accidents. Responds to appeals from drivers.
- Provides assistance and training to drivers and attendants on
passenger management and other safety related issues.
- Performs driver road checks of driver performance (e.g.,
pre-trip checks-lot-to-school and back; post-trip checks).
- Provide various reports and analyzes, including safety trends.
Develops cost saving recommendations. Performs other duties and
projects as assigned.
- Determines appropriate compliance and administrative
forms/requirements and supervises the location's safety program
based on regulations and company policy.
- May modify and deliver safety and driver training, either
personally or through staff, based on company policy, region goals
and location needs.
- May provide work direction to Driver Trainers/Instructors.
- May hire drivers based on regulatory requirements, company
policy and driver interviews.
- May hire and train employees engaged in safety, driver training
and/or compliance processes. Experience & Skills Required:
- 2 to 3 years transportation, safety or related experience
- CDL required
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding
safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with
ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels
including drivers, customers, senior management, client
representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as
needed Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits
including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity
& Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Olathe , Safety Supervisor, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!