Company: City of Olathe
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Description Do you have a knack for numbers and love problem
solving? Do you see patterns and connections everywhere you look?
The City of Olathe is looking for a skilled Data Analyst to join
our growing team of analytics experts. This position will be
responsible for deriving insights from the City of Olathe's growing
data sets. The ideal candidate will be responsible for transforming
large sets of data, connecting understanding with actions that can
drive business impact, and delivering data in useful and appealing
ways to stakeholders. DESCRIPTION The Data Analystis an essential
member of the Performance and Innovation Team, supporting the
City's 2040: Future Ready Strategic Plan, analyzing large sets of
data to spot patterns, trends and correlations and presenting
information in ways that are easy to interpret, useful and
meaningful. The ideal candidate is proactive, seeking out
opportunities, able to deliver results, and work well under
pressure as they will be working with large amounts of data in a
fast-paced environment. They are passionate about giving data a
seat at the table and providing the organization with the
information it needs in clear and concise visuals to help make
better decisions and drive the mission forward. Key
- Assist with growing and maintaining Olathe's Performance
Management program to include alignment with Olathe's 2040
Strategic Plan, community surveys, business intelligence,
benchmarking of performance data and consistent, accurate and
innovative public reporting.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data,
visualize spatial patterns, trends, outliers, and anomalies.
- Lead the Open Data Champions Committee (ODCC) to ensure
Olathe's Open Data compliance with governance, meet
dataset/structure requirements and offer structure around the Open
- Presents large amounts of information using data visualization
techniques such as mapping, charting, animation, pictorial
diagrams, and other methods to visualize data.
- Create inspiring, immersive stories by combining text,
interactive maps, and other multimedia content.
- Serves as a resource/liaison for other City departments
researching, analyzing, and developing recommendations for
- Work with a team of analysts to identify, establish and manage
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned or
required. Experience & Education
- Working knowledge and experience working with relational
databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity
with a variety of databases.
- Experience optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures,
and data sets.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; the able to
look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based
on the findings.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and
external data and processes to answer specific business questions
and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong reporting and data visualization skills using platforms
like SRSS, PowerBI, GIS, etc.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams
in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Strong passion and ability to learn new technologies, tools,
- Three(3) years of experience in information technology,
economics, statistics, or related experience.
- A Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited institution in
Statistics, Mathematics, Economic, Data Science, or another
quantitative field. Supplemental Information Successful applicants
must pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug
Keywords: City of Olathe, Olathe , Data Analyst, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!