Business Analyst II
Company: Lindsay Corporation
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha,
Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure
solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the
world------s leading providers of irrigation and water management,
its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries.
Lindsay Corporation------s infrastructure division offers a wide
range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and
transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at
the forefront of research and development of products and services
designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Business Analyst II within its
overall software organization, reporting to the Manager, IoT
Services. This important role will be responsible for overseeing
the day-to-day project management tasks and analysis as it relates
to Lindsay------s various customer-facing software products.
Furthermore, this role will be responsible for managing the entire
software development life cycle, ensuring customer and stakeholder
satisfaction while effectively managing project teams, delegating
work, holding team members accountable, and proactively overcoming
obstacles along the way.
This is a full-time, salaried position that can be based in either
our Omaha, NE (global headquarters) or Olathe, KS offices and
includes a highly competitive salary/benefits package. Travel
requirements will be minimal (
Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes project planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint
reviews and release planning, demos, retrospectives and other
- Manages projects and coordinates deliverables with cross
functional teams of various disciplines including Product
Management, Solutions Design, Software Engineering, Data Science,
QA/QC, and DevOps
- Supports the Product Owner and Development Team to improve
their effectiveness by providing assistance in finding ways to
maintain the Product Backlog and release plans.
- Executes discovery sessions with stakeholders to gather
requirements and business objectives for various projects.
- Supports the Product Owner in writing product requirements
documentation when needed.
- Derives a detailed understanding of the stated business problem
and objectives and create user stories that reflect the success
criteria and work with the Product Owner and delivery team towards
achieving the objectives.
- Assigns tasks and holds team members accountable so that they
have clearly defined goals.
- Owns and manages the project schedule through the
implementation of agile methodologies, focusing on meeting project
deliverables and goals.
- Communicates timelines, prepare project reports, and
proactively manage issues to ensure adherence to project roadmaps
- Identifies project issues and roadblocks that impede project
progress, and work with appropriate stakeholders across the
organization to effectively resolve issues and ensure project
- Assists the delivery team to understand business needs.
- Manages customer and stakeholder expectations, communicate
project goals, status, and deliverables to the team and
- Develops and leverages appropriate technical, functional, and
business knowledge and documentation to support the successful
development of the end product
- Bachelor------s degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS,
Engineering or IT or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years of experience in business analysis, software
development/engineering, or project management, including 2+ years
of experience managing the on-time delivery of small-to-medium,
net-new IoT software products/solutions
- Agile Methodology project execution experience utilizing sound
Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming
- Experience utilizing SQL to query databases in order to perform
data and business analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience playing the Scrum
Master role for small-to-medium software development projects
- Demonstrated experience using current project management tools
(JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets)
- Proven ability to effectively and completely gather and derive
- Ability to articulate and communicate technical aspects of the
- Critical attention to detail and solid problem-solving
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, and problem-solving
skills in order to enable a project team to effectively manage
- Experience of managing project teams, delegating work, holding
team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles while
adhering to cost controls and project budgets.
- Ability to multi task and adapt to the changing needs of the
business while continuing to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the
ability to effectively interact with and present to project
Keywords: Lindsay Corporation, Olathe , Business Analyst II, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!