MEP Estimator - Remote
Company: LMC, A Lennar Company
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Overview Our Company:Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a
wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real
estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio
of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the
US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and
manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 33,000
homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of
high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments. Responsibilities Summary
of Position Requirements: Responsible for fire protection,
plumbing, mechanical and electrical (FP/P/M/E) related construction
estimating for LMC's communities, including estimating, quantity
take off of specific trade scopes, sub bid solicitation, progress
budgets, scope clarifications, systems studies and comparisons,
value engineering, subcontractor and general contractor relations
and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to
estimating. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- FP/P/M/E analysis from preliminary conceptual through GMP
- Oversee that complete and accurate material take-offs are
performed for all items of work.
- Create scope sheets for potential bidders and bid tabulation
- Prepare milestone budgets during preconstruction process.
- Maintain cost histories and pricing data.
- Produce design evolution and value engineering logs.
- Coordinate estimating process with management and Estimators
and provide feedback on project pricing issues.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Develop qualifications and assumptions for estimates and
present comparisons of current estimates versus previous.
- Follow company and departmental procedures and policies.
- Resolve problematic situations and communicate desired
objectives to subcontractors, managers, consultants, Associates,
customers and other business-related professionals.
- Offer technical expertise during the design and construction
process.General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to
be $85,000.00 [annualized], subject to adjustment based on
business-related factors including employee qualifications and
- This position may be eligible for performance-based bonuses as
determined in the Company's sole discretion.
- This position will be eligible for company benefits in
accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total
rewards package including medical, dental and vision coverage along
with a broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k
Retirement Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer
paid time off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We
are pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance
and long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may
be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Applicants may apply for this position via our careers website.
Qualifications Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor's in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering,
Architecture, Mathematics or related field is required.
- Progressive years of experience in FP/P/M/E estimating or
construction industry is required, a minimum of 2 years in
multifamily is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform math calculations including some
- Knowledgeable in On Screen Takeoff, Plan Swift, or equivalent
- Must have thorough knowledge in analyzing construction
documents, mechanical reports, and specifications.
- Knowledge of estimating software, preferably Sage Estimating
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job
knowledge or experience. Physical Requirements:This is primarily a
sedentary office position which requires the Estimator to have the
ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items up
to 20 pounds. Must be able to read large quantities of information.
Must maintain professional appearance. Finger dexterity in
operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires
sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time,
completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing
is required for filing, scanning, and copying. This is a position
also requires walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around
construction sites. Additional Requirements:
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.This description outlines the
basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted.
This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the
Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at
any time with or without notice.#CB
Keywords: LMC, A Lennar Company, Olathe , MEP Estimator - Remote, Professions , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!