Company: VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Position Title: Shop AssistantDepartment: ServiceReports to:
Service Manager Vermeer Great Plains is an authorized distributor
for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri
with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned
company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service
support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste,
organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
POSITION FUNCTION:The Shop Assistant will assist the Service
Manager and Service Technicians in maintaining a smooth running,
efficient department by performing tasks and learning the basics of
the industry. ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general assistance around the shop, including
administrative and technical tasks.
- Load and unload equipment.
- Make sure the Service Technicians have the tools necessary to
complete their tasks.
- Operate equipment as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.Measure of success determined by
established company guidelines, including but not limited to the
ability to perform the above mentioned duties, feedback from
customers, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager
professionally, and execute upon such feedback. SKILLS AND
- Aptitude for mechanics
- Familiarity with hand tools
- Capacity to analyze a situation and prioritize tasks
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work
assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified
in Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, stand, walk, use hands
and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet
and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving
mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working
environment can be moderate to high
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as neededFLSA
status: Non-exemptThe above noted job description is not intended
to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned
but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and
expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change
so, too, may the essential functions of this
Keywords: VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC, Olathe , SHOP ASSISTANT, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!