Resident Shelter Monitor
Company: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Objective: To provide basic care and supervision to clients
in The Salvation Army Johnson County Family Lodge and Transitional
Housing Program (FL&THP.)
- Reside full time at The Salvation Army Johnson County Family
Lodge in Olathe, KS in the employee unit that is provided.
- Clean and make ready empty rooms for new residents and
distribute mail and supplies to each resident as needed.
- Provide welcome orientation for new residents.
- Shop for needed Lodge supplies.
- Respond to after hours and emergency calls from program
participant and take action to provide for their safety and
- Carry and answer the on-call phone weeknights on assigned
- Run quarterly fire drills and enforce lodge safety plans when
needed (tornado, power outage, etc.)
- Monitor on-grounds activities of clients for rule/safety
compliance. Take action as indicated to provide for the safety and
wellbeing of all residents.
- Set weekly chore/detail sheet for residents.
- Deliver weeknight evening meals to residents.
- Prepare evening meals and deliver as directed.
- Assist with room inspections and conduct curfew checks as
- Receive and inventory donations to the shelter
- Check building lock up and record kitchen refrigerator and
freezer temperatures at 8:00 p.m. Mon through Friday.
- Assist in maintaining overall appearance, cleanliness and safe
conditions in the shelter area.
- Report property maintenance needs or property safety/security
concerns to the Housing Services Director
- Additional duties: Monday through Friday, the RSM carries the
on-call phone from the time duty starts until 8:00 the next
morning. The work shift is 4 hours per weeknight and the RM is
expected to be available to answer the telephone or respond to
emergencies immediately and being within 30 minutes of travel time
back to the shelter if needed. All time after the work shift is
considered safety monitoring and is compensated for through room
and board. Any on-call responses that are longer than 15 minutes,
during non-shift hours, are considered "clocked hours."
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; post-secondary in
related field preferred
Experience: Minimum 2 years' experience providing supportive
service to similar population required
- Support of Salvation Army Mission Statement, policies and
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure in
- Ability to have positive affect through communications with a
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision and work
effectively as a part of the Housing Services team
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrate professional boundaries, attitude and
- Ability to provide consistency and structure for shelter
- Competent in use of computer and possess the ability to learn
related software as required
- Audio and visual acuity needed for the supervision of clients
and security system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information,
including HIPPA requirements
- Assist with client transportation as needed
- Capacity to treat all individuals with dignity and respect
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Physical Requirements:Include speaking, hearing and visual ability;
walking, sitting and standing for extended periods of time; manual
dexterity; lifting, pulling and pushing of materials up to 40
pounds. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
to perform the essential functions of this job.
Driving: Yes. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state
of residence; must be approved through the Salvation Army Fleet
Safety Program to driver either a Salvation Army or personnel
vehicle for Salvation Army business
Working Conditions:Position resides full time at the Family Lodge;
on-call weekdays 4 hours each evening Monday through Friday with
weekends and holidays as scheduled. Safety monitoring after each
shift till 8:00 a.m. the next morning.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and
agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation
Army to undermine its religious mission.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical
part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the
Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is
to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His
name without discrimination.
Keywords: The Salvation Army USA Central Territory, Olathe , Resident Shelter Monitor, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!