Posted on: January 13, 2022
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO
(approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our
production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have
nationally recognized, high quality converting operations,
producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods,
Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is
recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process
and product quality controls are an integral part of our
operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic
web printing presses up to 20' wide, as well as digital and screen
printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels,
including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided
printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from
a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications
for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
ITWLabels is committed to continued growth and excellence.
Investments are continually made in our business to incorporate new
technologies and increase efficiencies. This expansion of
capabilities and services will broaden our range and allow
ITWLabels to be viewed as valuable business partner with our
Set up and run Flexographic Presses. Maintain high quality parts
during the printing process, while at the same time keeping up with
production rates, scrap rates and safety standards.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able
to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Set color print to print and set impressions to operate
- Set dies in the press and get the die to cut substrate.
- Replace master roll at the end of the press and remove waste
- Maintain flexographic press running speeds, tension and
alignment of printing plates and checks for quality.
- Adjust position of cylinder to print two or more colors without
overlapping or spearing previously printed areas.
- Complete paperwork required and complete Quality Assurance sign
- Document material usage and time.
- Set-up ink and tooling equipment required per customer
- Monitor and adjusts ink colors to ensure consistency throughout
entire press run.
- Monitor quality of converting process.
- Make adjustments to ensure quality run with low waste.
- Perform preventative maintenance according to schedule.
- Verify that information is consistent between specification
sheets, procedure sheets, requisitions, color standards, proofs and
other sources of information.
- Verify ink and coating, stock and other material staged at the
press by crew and support staff is correct.
- Start press and obtain acceptable color, fit, registration and
position in the least amount of sheets possible.
- Scan sheets to verify accuracy and clarity of printing along
with color density.
- Pull sample for Quality Assurance.
- Assist in the general cleaning of work station and surrounding
- Train and educate Feeder and Press Helper on operational
procedures and technical aspects of lithography while delegating
responsibilities and duties to them.
- Cleans rubber plates, cylinder, dye fonts, and lubricates press
- Remove plates from press.
- Report inventory deficiencies to supervisor in a timely
- Stage printer material for next department or process.
- Follow all department work instructions.
- The minimum education required for this position is a high
school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience. Position requires past experience with
- The minimum related language skills required for this position
is the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- This position requires an ability to add, subtract, multiply
and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- This position requires an ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- The incumbent in this position is regularly required to stand,
walk, carry, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use manual
dexterity hand / finger coordination, grasp, reach, and lift/move
up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
- The incumbent in this position is occasionally required to
climb, sit for prolonged periods of time and speak /
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The
employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions,
toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an
applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.by
Keywords: Itw, Olathe , Flexographic Operator, Other , Gardner, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!