Lead Data Scientist
Company: C2FO Limited
Posted on: October 9, 2021
Pollen, Inc. (D/B/A C2FO) is seeking a talented lead data
scientist to analyze, innovate, and optimize the algorithms and
approaches we apply to our markets. The scale of the problem (and
opportunity) is enormous, as we have delivered more than $15
billion in working capital and over 100 million days of accelerated
payment across the globe.
This year, more than a dozen global companies representing more
than $400 billion in revenue have joined the market. This position
is a high visibility, high impact opportunity that will directly
impact how product decisions are made around some of our thorniest
problems and biggest opportunities.
- Partner closely with the company’s Product and Engineering
teams to analyze, innovate and optimize the algorithms applied to
the company’s markets.
- Innovate around next generation algorithms and some of the
company’s most significant data related challenges and
- Employ techniques from mathematical sciences and data
exploration methods to analyze the story behind the numbers and
articulate and present solutions.
- Test hypotheses by developing data mining prototypes and
running experiments in a time-sensitive.
- Build machine learning algorithms that discover and answer
challenging business questions.
- Inform, influence, support and execute the company’s product
roadmap. Build from the ground-up scalable and high-performance
- Lead team of Data Scientists serve both as technical individual
contributors and people managers. You will be responsible for
owning a technical area as well as building and nurturing a
- Participate actively in all aspects of designing, researching,
building, and delivering data-focused products.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- 3+ years of experience in the job offered or in a related
- Domestic travel required 10% of the time;
- Thorough demonstrated understanding of probability theory,
statistics, machine learning and data mining methodologies;
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one general purpose programming
- Familiarity working with relational databases (MySQL) and
non-relational (NoSQL) databases (MongoDB, Hbase);
- Experience building and running production level machine
learning models (Docker, Kubernetes or similar framework);
- Knowledgeable of relevant literature around applications
for machine learning and deep learning including proficiency in
classification (logistic regression, decision trees, KNN, RNN) and
regression (OLS, LASSO, elastic nets) techniques;
- Familiarity with unsupervised machine learning techniques such
as clustering (K-means, hierarchical) and dimensionality reduction
(PCA, NMF); and
- Experience with machine learning tools such as sci-kit-learn,
XGBoost, and Pytorch
- Experience leading enterprise-scale data science projects (2+
years of experience)
A few more things to know:
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing
young financial technology companies and build something from the
ground up. C2FO is working to deliver a future where every company
in the world has the capital it needs to grow. Our technology
provides an easy, low-cost way for businesses of all sizes to
increase cash flow by receiving early invoice payments. Since 2008,
C2FO’s online marketplace and innovative financial products have
accelerated payments by more than one billion days for companies in
over 180 countries.
Named one of Forbes’ “Fintech 50,” C2FO provides more than $1
billion in working capital each week for hundreds of thousands of
businesses. C2FO has more than 400 employees worldwide, with
headquarters in Kansas City and locations throughout Europe, Asia
Pacific and Australia. For more information,
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pollen, Inc. (C2FO) believes that unique backgrounds and
individual voices strengthen our team, leading to the best ideas
and discoveries for our innovative and growing company. At C2FO, we
seek, encourage, and nurture diverse perspectives, and we welcome
those of all backgrounds to help us change the way global
businesses of all sizes gain access to working capital.
As an organization, we not only value diversity and equality, we
cultivate teams that feel empowered to bring their authentic selves
to work every day. We strive to create a workplace that reflects
the communities we serve and our global, multicultural clients. We
recognize the power of inclusion, emphasizing that each team member
was chosen for their unique ability to contribute to the overall
success of our mission.
C2FO is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. We welcome all veterans and disabled applicants.
Keywords: C2FO Limited, Olathe , Lead Data Scientist, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!