Reimbursement Specialist Home Health
Company: Kindred at Home
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of
something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of
comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care
services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to
patients in their homes or places of residence, including
non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation,
hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your
community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them
safely at home, during moments that matter most to
them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to
deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients
and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an
exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering
an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people
are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to
helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
As a Reimbursement Specialist, you will:
- Obtain/monitor comprehensive information regarding billing and
reimbursement criteria for new insurance accounts according to
established procedures in order to reduce the risk of non-payment
by insurance carriers and achieve timely billing and prompt
accounts receivable turnover.
- Keep abreast of changes in insurance field.
- Work under general supervision.
- Abide by and demonstrate the company Mission – Vision – Values
through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day
- Contact insurance companies to gather policy
benefits/limitations (e.g., deductible amount, co-payment,
effective date, pre-existing clauses, levels of care,
pre-authorization requirement, visit limitations, documentation
required to process claims).
- Monitor acceptance of new customer accounts for direct
insurance billing. Analyze services to be provided by
insurance companies against medical criteria that must be met to
obtain insurance reimbursement.
- Contact client for credit information and faxes completed
credit application to the Credit Department as required.
Contact/inform branch staff of collection of necessary deposits
from client at the start of care.
- Review benefits/services requested to determine whether
coverage is available for insurance payment. Inputs data
regarding insurance company requirements for claims processing,
correct billing address, special claim forms, etc. Contact
branch staff if no coverage is available for requested
- Maintain/update information on insurance accounts.
Determine primary payer and coordinates multiple billings for
clients with multiple providers. Keep detailed/accurate
records to ensure proper account billing instructions.
- Research address/benefit changes per insurance company's
request and makes corrections as necessary to ensure payment by the
insurance carrier. Contact branch staff, insurance carriers,
payroll/billing representatives and credit/collections staff to
resolve insurance related problems.
- Keep abreast of changes in insurance related procedures.
Provide guidance to Local Service Office as to proper National
Account billing procedures and insurance verification
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent plus a minimum of four
years insurance/claims processing administration experience in a
physician's office or healthcare environment generally
- Basic knowledge of credit/collection procedures and medical
- Effective communications and human relations experience also
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our
Home Health team - Home
To learn more, please apply online. Our Recruiters
are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Keywords: Kindred at Home, Olathe , Reimbursement Specialist Home Health, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!