Assembler - Trucks
Company: Interstate Companies, Inc.
Location: New Century
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that
provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its
corporate office and five operating units Interstate Assembly
Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems,
Interstate Power Systems and I-State Truck Center.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are
currently looking for a Truck Assembler to help us in that growth.
Truck Assemblers fulfill a critical role in our operations to
build, repair and maintain vocational trucks through assembly,
mechanical, hydraulic, 12v electrical and fabrication skills.
As is our mission and our promise to our customers, we strive to
provide Pride in Service.
This is a full-time position on 1st shift. Days and hours of
work vary based on business demand. Overtime work is required as
- Read blueprints, diagrams, hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Follow installation procedures and established standards
- Accurately read required measuring tools (tape measure, square,
- Knowledge of hydraulic hose, fittings, routing and standard
hydraulic plumbing practices
- Knowledge of 12-volt electrical systems and standard wiring
- Knowledge of hydraulic pressure setting and testing
- Knowledge of electrical system set up and testing
Fabrication and Welding (Minor)
- Weld in various positions: flat, vertical, overhead, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate heat settings on welder for various
- Use of welding blankets to protect truck cab and windows
- Tools and ability to clean weld spatter and welding slag
- Tools and knowledge to build things square and to proper size
per prints and diagrams
- High school diploma or equivalent, ability to pass drug
- Must have own hand tools, air tools or battery powered tools.
Must be able to move tools about the shop as needed.
- Must be able to frequently lift or more items over 50 pounds
and occasionally lift or move items over 75 pounds. Must be
physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Use computers for work order system and web-based training
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
- Short term and long term disability
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we
encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this
position by submitting a resume for consideration.
Keywords: Interstate Companies, Inc., Olathe , Assembler - Trucks, Other , New Century, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!