Grocery/Bulk Department Manager
Company: Natural Grocers
Posted on: June 10, 2021
USD $16.00/Hr. -
The Grocery/Bulk Manager is responsible for
the successful operation and profitability of the Grocery and Bulk
Departments which includes training, directing and monitoring all
department staff. Department Managers are responsible for the
success of their own department and are required to fulfill the
duties of the Manager on Duty (MOD) on a scheduled basis.
Key Responsibilities include the
following essential functions, but are not limited to:
- Providing World Class Customer Service as a number one
- Exemplifying integrity, responsibility, and excellence and
adhering to all policies.
- Creating inviting, full and shopable grocery and bulk
- Ordering for the grocery and bulk departments and maintaining
accurate inventory levels.
- Managing margin and overall department profitability including
minimizing shrink and maximizing effective purchasing.
- Ensuring all in-stock products/conditions meet company
- Offering and following up on special orders.
- Merchandising shelves, endcaps and dynamic displays.
- Managing and participating in tagging, facing, rotating,
cleaning, markdowns, stocking, and backstock.
- Training and monitoring department personnel including
assigning and following up on tasks.
- Working with other department managers to cross-train staff to
accomplish all needed tasks.
- Conducting active and passive demos.
- Assisting in interviewing and hiring for department needs.
- Working with the store manager to address performance and/or
disciplinary issues within the department.
- Opening and closing of store, including DSR and the closing
- Handling register functions including backup cashiering,
managing customer returns, addressing customer complaints, and
covering register shift changes, including those for scheduled
- Maintaining the safety and security of customers and
- Answering customer questions per company standards and
policies, including the use of Structure/Function statements and/or
statements of nutritional support.
- Continually increasing product knowledge.
- Using SAP and inventory management software, running and
analyzing reports on BEx, emailing and utilizing other IS programs
- Working a schedule based on store needs which includes
evenings, weekends, holidays. Position requires working five days,
40 hours per week and attending mandatory store meetings.
Although this is a general outline of job
responsibilities all employees are expected to be ''hands on'' and
do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company
Education, Skills &
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in retail experience in a grocery or
retail environment preferred; natural foods background is a
- 1-2 years of experience supervising others preferred.
- Ability to pass food safety training courses and/or
certifications as required by law and maintain compliance by
keeping certifications up to date and registered if
- Ability to manage changing priorities and to stay focused with
the task at hand.
- Sense of urgency in the completion of tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Ability to take direction and follow through.
- Must be cashier trained and able to count currency.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
This job description is not an employment
contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed
duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job
description are subject to change with and without notice.
Employees are required to accomplish any and all tasks as assigned
by the Store Manager and/or other corporate managers that may not
be listed in this job description.
Here’s an overview of the benefits we offer our
good4u Crew to help ensure the health and wellbeing of you and
your family, now and well into the future:
All Crew Members
- Birthday Bonus
- Vitamin Bucks
(up to $2,080 earned as store credit
Pay for 5 Holidays – Stores Closed
- Paid Time Off
(sick days and vacation) that Increases with
- Paid Nutrition
- good4u Crew
Program (customer appreciation and rewards
Scheduled Pay Increases
Advancement Opportunities and Career
- Health and
Assistance Program (EAP)
Full-Time Crew Members (30+ hours/week)
Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Medical
Leave (through company
paid short-term disability insurance)
- Company Paid
Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid
Benefits Including Hospital Indemnity, Accident Insurance,
Long-Term Disability Insurance, Term Life
Savings Plan (401k) with
discretionary Company Match
- Healthcare and
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings
Account (HSA) with Company Match
At the heart
of Natural Grocers' commitment to our community and crew is
this belief: All people should be empowered to experience
health and wellbeing! We cannot be true to this conviction
without honoring diversity and cultivating inclusion throughout
every aspect of our organization.
Grocers, we honor our differences, embrace diversity, and
cultivate inclusion because both individual and societal health are
rooted in these principles. Our Crew is diverse not only in
gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, abilities,
and age but also in cultural backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas.
Celebrating our diversity refreshes, expands, and shapes our
perspective, energizing our mission of equitable access to health
and wellness for all. We welcome everyone who would like to join us
in this mission, with gratitude for the unique life experience each
person brings to the table. We’re committed to nurturing an
ecosystem of diversity and inclusion in which our Crew can continue
Keywords: Natural Grocers, Olathe , Grocery/Bulk Department Manager, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!