Company: Rehrig Pacific Company
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913,
our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions
while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like
you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has
grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the
country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative
solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our
customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within
the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant
leaders, we lead by example.
Brief Role Description
The primary responsibility of the Safety Manager is to locally
advance the Environmental, Safety and Health aspects of Rehrig
Pacific Companys Management System and processes, ensuring that
personnel, equipment and operations meet expectations as defined by
RPCs Values. The Safety Manager must ensure that Safety and Health
expectations are known and defined, and internal processes and
accountabilities are established that allow for these expectations
to be consistently met. The Safety Manager must work
cross-functionally with the local department managers to define
Safety related work and to build relationships that will drive the
continuous improvement of our systems and processes. Most
importantly, the Safety Manager must monitor the overall
performance of the local Safety system, provide visibility to
system gaps and challenges, and be able to drive improvements with
the management team through strategic actions.
Rehrig Pacific has seven locations strategically placed
throughout the United States, with a Safety Manager (SM) at each
location. Our Safety Managers are expected to work openly as a team
to share best practices and drive improvement. Although the Safety
Managers report directly to the Plant Manager, they will also work
directly with Rehrig Pacific Companys National Safety team members
(Director of Safety, National EH&S Manager, and National Safety
Specialist) on specific project work and accountabilities.
Areas of Accountability
- Manage and advance the Safety Management System.
- Conduct a comprehensive review and gap analysis to understand
the current processes and opportunities to improve.
- Develop clear and easy to follow processes that drive
consistency into our production.
- Develop the needed alignment and accountability links between
Safety and other cross-functional teams.
- Develop a robust Safety review process with local management
that surfaces and drives improvement opportunities.
Work collaboratively with the National Safety Team to develop
and/or implement best practices and standards.
- Manage internal & external Safety Issues
- Respond to internal issues and ensure that root cause is
determined and corrective actions are implemented to drive desired
Ensure all external Safety issues are well managed, and support
our sales team and customers as needed.
- Lead and develop the local team according to Rehrigs core
- Coach local department and floor leaders to advance their
skills and ability to positively shift safety culture and
accountability in their respective areas of responsibility.
Provide feedback to the Plant Manager for quarterly and annual
Key Accountability reviews.
- Improve Safety metrics through strategic targets and
- Use Leading Indicator data to understand and prioritize local
Safety issues, and to track the effectiveness strategic action
items and their impact on Safety metrics over time.
- With local Management, develop set targets and actions to drive
Track and communicate progress via monthly and quarterly Safety
Plan to Zero (PTZ) Reports.
- Support new equipment and product launches within the facility
to ensure risks are identified and controlled.
- Lead cross-functional teams in risk identification and
reductions effort in planning and launch stages.
- Ensure hazard prevention and control methods selected meet or
exceed industry standards and best practices with a bias toward
elimination and engineering controls.
Ensure operating procedures, work instructions, training
requirements, ancillary equipment, tool and personal protective
equipment specifications are established and validated at
- Ensure all plant operations meet defined Safety and Compliance
- Manage local safety and compliance audits within the
manufacturing plant to ensure compliance with Federal and Local
Safety Regulations and National and Local Standards and
- Provide concise reporting to management on Safety performance,
issues and actions.
- Manage Safety related documentation and records (general
production & compliance related).
- Administer Safety related training and new hire on-boarding to
the local operations team.
- Maintain relationships with the Rehrig Pacifics XF
- Manage Storm Water Pollution Prevention Programs and Spill
Control and Countermeasures Plans.
- Audit Safety related work and core processes for adherence and
- Bachelors Degree in science or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of Safety Management Experience (ideally in plastic
injection molding including robotics).
- Proven ability to develop and implement processes from ground
- Ability to manage multiple projects and experience with project
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and nationally less
than 10% of the time.
- Working knowledge of EPA, OSHA, and relevant state and local
laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend
strategies to close gaps and identify improvement
- Experience working with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma tools
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed
to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran
status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of
criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See
Keywords: Rehrig Pacific Company, Olathe , Safety Manager, Other , DeSoto, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!