The Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) business of Spectrum
Brands is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential
locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial
locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including
Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL,
Pfister, EZSET, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with
#1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada
residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and
U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico
residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister),
and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange
County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates
manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada,
Mexico and Asia.
The Operations Finance Manager will ensure that results are
reported in the proper format, on a timely basis, and in conformity
with GAAP and company guidelines. Manage one direct report in the
role of Financial Analyst.
Manage finance activities for functional areas of Indirect
Distribution (DC Operations, Supply Chain) and Transportation
(outbound and inbound freight). Activities include month-end
financial closing, annual and quarterly financial planning,
variance analysis, aligning and enhancing existing financial
processes and developing financial modeling tools. Establish and
maintain effective working relationships with heads of the
functional areas (Director Distribution and Transportation, DVP
Sales and Ops Planning).
Manage capital project reporting process, including budgeting,
actual spend reporting, depreciation forecasts and project
Provide cross-functional support to Sales & Marketing Finance by
managing Rebate Customer budgets, calculating and communicating
broker commission payments, accounting for national consumer offer
redemptions and preparing the Returns Reserve analysis.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (25%) Ensure accurate and timely closing of monthly financial
statements and provide understanding of major deviations from
- (15%) Prepare and present the annual and quarterly budgeting
process for above mentioned account categories. Ensure timely and
accurate cost and earnings projections and provide analysis of
deviations from plan. Understand and communicate business issues
- (10%) Create and compile reporting packages to support above
mentioned categories. Present financial results at monthly close
conference calls with corporate accounting.
- (10%) Participate in monthly invoice reconciliation meeting
with 3PL distribution provider, ensure distribution center spend
data integrity, and maintain effective working relationship with
- (10%) Participate in weekly meetings with 3PL freight provider,
ensure freight spend data integrity and maintain effective working
relationship with involved parties.
- (5%) Create and maintain historical outbound freight data at
the sold to customer level to be used for budgeting and ad-hoc
customer contribution analysis / customer profiles.
- (5%) Maintain solid knowledge of all freight moves for the
business and ensure proper account coding to the P&L.
Understand how all freight is billed and ensure timely payment to
- (5%) Maintain outbound and inbound freight and duty reserve
balances in accordance with GAAP requirements.
- (5%) Calculate and communicate monthly broker commission
payments. Update payment table annually based on new contract
- (5%) Manage capital project spend and reporting. Lead a monthly
results call with all project managers.
- (5%) Interface with other departments and provide data
interpretation analysis as needed. Prepare various account
reconciliations (12 for H&G alone) to support above mentioned
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business related field.
- 10-15 years finance and accounting experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative
situations; listens and gets clarification. Responds well to
questions; participate and present information in meetings.
- Excellent PC and spreadsheet skills.
- Proven success with process improvements in a fast paced
Values and Behaviors
Working conditions are normal for an office environment within a
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative