Looking for a change?If your background includes mechanical
troubleshooting skills and a thorough knowledge of repairs of
variety of light to heavy equipment, we want to talk to you.
We offer our Vehicle Maintenance staff:
- Clothing allowance
- Tools provided
- Guaranteed 40 hours each week
- Competitive pay, benefits and time off
- Training and professional development
Like to work on a variety of equipment?
Our team of 27 Vehicle Maintenance employees maintain more than
1,300 pieces of equipment from other City departments including
Public Works, Fire, Police, Sanitation and Parks & Rec. The team
includes technicians, a tire shop, parts room and administration
Typical day shift could include:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on generators and
- Perform diagnosis, skilled maintenance and repairs to
automotive, light and medium duty trucks, and a wide variety of
equipment such as but not limited to; automobiles, trucks,
tractors, and lawn mowers.
- Analyze vehicle and equipment failures; determine causes and
recommend and/or complete repair solutions.
- Perform vehicle and equipment repairs including but not limited
to; Engine, Transmission, brake, suspension, hydraulic and
electrical repairs using proper safety devices and procedures.
- Perform equipment installation, fabrication, welding and
acetylene cutting for all types of vehicles and equipment.
- Respond to emergency repairs and service calls on vehicles and
equipment including after-hours calls.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records and reports on repairs
performed and on equipment usage and condition.
- Perform wide range of repairs on Police and Fire
Bonus Points If You Have:
- CDL License
- Hydraulic experience
- A/C refrigerant recovery certification
- ASE certification
- EVT certification
- Experience working on tracked construction equipment
Experience & Education
Here's What You Need:
Experience: Minimum of three years of training and /or
experience in Automotive and Equipment Maintenance and repair.
Hydraulic experience preferred.
Education: High School graduate supplemented with course work in
automotive technology. Trade school preferred /not required.
License or Certificate:
- Must have a favorable driving record and valid driver's
- Possession of a valid CDL Class B license with Air Brake
Endorsement and DOT medical certification or the ability to obtain
within 6 months of employment.
- Prefer certification in A/C refrigerant and recycling or obtain
within 6 months of employment.
Minimum requirement: combination of three (3) ASE
certifications, two of which will be brakes and suspension, the
third is choice. Must be able to get a F1 or F2 certificate from
EVT within one year. Supplemental Information
Salary: Depends on qualifications
Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Assistance in obtaining your CDL provided.
Must successfully pass a background investigation,
pre-employment physical, and drug screen.
Vehicle Maintenance Overview
- Recognized and awarded "criteria of excellence" fleet ranking
of 43rd in the nation by the 100 Best Fleets in North America
program and Governing Magazine. The 100 Best Fleets program
recognizes and rewards peak performing fleet operations throughout
the country, identifying and encouraging ever-increasing levels of
performance improvement within the fleet industry.
1385 S. Robinson Drive
Olathe, KS 66061