Lead Software Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: June 7, 2021
What you'll do...
Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Lead
Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture.
When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design,
develop, and maintain software components and products that support
H&R Block business applications and transform our technology.
You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in
the team, developer support, and maintaining the development
environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join
What you'll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year product
functionality and enhancements.
- Create and execute unit tests and addresses defects.
- Work closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction
for the product.
- Identify product design features to support scalability,
usability and better performance.
- Assist and drive technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development
- Understand complex business and functional requirements and
produce technical specifications and product requirements.
- You'll also mentor and coach other team members on the latest
technological advances within the current technology used and
establish consistent best practices.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
Who are we a good fit for?
- Ideally, you have at least 8 years of related work
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Experience in Application Development with Microsoft
Technologies (.NET, .NET Core, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server).
- Cloud computing experience.
- Outstanding time management, organizational, and communication
- .NET Core 3.1 experience is a plus.
- SignalR experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Azure: Application Service Plans, Azure Functions,
Azure Devops, AppInsights, Log Analytics is a plus.
- Ionic Framework experience is a plus.
We're looking for people who act boldly, demand high standards,
crave tough problems, and value winning as a team. We love working
with talented people but more than that, we want to work with
people who are pursuing careers driven by a deeply meaningful
purpose. Our jobs go far beyond any job description, and we're
constantly striving to innovate and make our customers' experiences
better, easier, and faster.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do
not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. If you're great at what you do, we want you to do
it at H&R Block
Keywords: H&R Block, Olathe , Lead Software Engineer, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!