Are you driven by a passion to help others? Are you someone who
can provide advocacy and support to individuals served in learning
social and self-care skills?
If yes, Lakemary is looking for a Direct Support Professional
for our Adult's Residential Program. In this role you will support
adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the
residential environment primarily during evening hours. This role
functions under general supervision of a Team Lead.
Direct Support Professionals Responsibilities:
- Provide direction and supervision on ground and in the
- Respond to requests and inquiries from others as
- Understand and follow instructions provided by
- Intervene in crisis situations, including physical management
of persons served, using approved crisis management system and
- Keep the work environment safe, clean, and orderly.
- Complete all documentation by the end of shift.
An ideal candidate for this position has:
Direct Support Professional Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Due to Insurance criteria be at least 19+ years of age
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) to meet standard driving
- Preferred direct care experience
Sign On Bonus $500.00 after completing the 90 Day New Employee
Other Job Details:
- Day and hours vary (includes the weekends)
- Starting pay: $ 12.75/hour
- This is an 8 hour shift position, since you will be actively
working with individuals served you will be provided a working
lunch during your shift.
Lakemary provides competitive compensation and benefit package
including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans; paid
time off; and a 401(k)-retirement plan
Lakemary provides training in program specific coursework.
Some environments/shifts require same sex staff due to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. EEO
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Statement:
For the last 50 years we have been working to create workplaces
that reflect the communities we serve and a place where everyone
feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We
embrace this from our mission.