Manufacturing Assistant - 1st Shift (7am-3pm)
Company: Phenix Label
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Phenix Label offers full-time positions with great benefits,
friendly teams, and hours that fit your life. We value reliable
people with positive attitudes and strong work ethic and if that's
you, we'll give you opportunities for growth and promotion so you
can build a successful career with us!
Conveniently located in Olathe, Kansas (at 119th and Blackbob),
Phenix has led our industry since 1896. We have a history of
excellence with award-winning teams who know what they're doing and
have fun doing it. Check us out at www.phenixlabel.com.
The Manufacturing Assistant provides assistance to the
production team by performing various production tasks, as well as
maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the facility. This
function is critical to increasing production uptime and reducing
downtime by assisting in various work centers, maintaining supplies
and consumable, and ensuring a sanitary and organized work
environment in the plant. Also, responsible for adhering to the
company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) that are in effect
to assure the quality and quantity of product produced plus
maintain a professional and team oriented behavior and
- Assist in select finishing related tasks as needed: assisting
in offline finishing process (i.e. shrink wrapping, kitting and fan
folding), boxing finished product from finishers.
- Assisting in the inspection of products during production
- Tends machines to perform operations.
- Provide assistance throughout the production area.
- Perform cleanup activities in production and on the grounds as
- Empty all trash receptacles in manufacturing.
- Perform job tasks according to schedules using established safe
methods and processes.
- Work with others to achieve an atmosphere of teamwork and
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Individual must be able to work independently with minimal
guidance required. This implies good time management,
planning/organization, and decision-making skills.
- Individual must be able to interact effectively with a wide
variety of people in a wide variety of settings, possessing strong
communication skills, maintaining flexibility, objectivity and a
capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Participation and support of 5S initiatives and
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Active involvement in Phenix's Company mission statement, core
values, and non-negotiables.
- Act in a pleasant, courteous, and respectful manner to all
internal and external customers at all times.
- High school diploma / GED / or equivalent
- Candidate should possess basic mathematical skills
- Candidate should possess a strong work ethic, time management
and troubleshooting skills, a positive attitude, and be detail
Physical and Other Requirements:
To successfully perform the essential functions of this
position, the Manufacturing Assistant must be exact or highly
accurate, meeting strict deadlines, and working with others in a
group or team. The Manufacturing Assistant will be standing,
walking, pulling, pushing, lifting and bending most of the shift.
Must also possess the physical ability to frequently lift
throughout the shift; approximately 55 pounds. In addition, the
Manufacturing Assistant must have basic math skills, be able to
read, and be willing to communicate with persons in all
departments. Requires using hands to handle, control or feel
objects and tools. Requires ability to use close vision, distance
vision, color vision, and depth perception. Requires making
decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the
company. Includes responsibility for the health and safety of
others. Requires wearing common personal protective equipment. Job
tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people,
includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting.
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled
Keywords: Phenix Label, Olathe , Manufacturing Assistant - 1st Shift (7am-3pm), Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!