Company: City of Olathe
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Come join the City of Olathe, we are actively seeking a plans
examiner to perform building plan review for conformance with
relevant building codes and standards. This is an opportunity to
work with a team of dedicated code professionals with the goal of
improving the quality of life for the citizens of the City of
Olathe by ensuring a safe and well constructed built environment in
which we all live, work and play.
Come and make a difference in one of the fastest growing
communities in the nation. The goal of the Building Services Team
is to ensure safe homes and buildings and provide excellent public
services. Join us to help "Set the Standard for Excellence"!
- Review residential and commercial plans for conformance to
various building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and structural
codes and regulations; authorize acceptance or rejection of
building permit applications based on review; issue appropriate
- Review specifications and calculations and consult with
originator when needed to clarify or make corrections as
- Assist inspectors with analyzing plans and specifications in
person or over the phone as necessary.
- Prepare and distribute building, landscape, site, storm and
sanitary sewer plans to other departments; prepare reports and
other correspondence as necessary, including year end reports of
building permits issued.
- Maintain accurate files and records; input appropriate data
into the computer.
- Periodically inspect industrial, commercial and residential
projects during various stages of construction to ensure compliance
with applicable codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Schedule and conduct pre-application meetings to discuss
potential construction projects; including the coordination of
various department staff to allow applicants to receive guidance
about the procedures and local requirements for new
- Respond to questions from the general public, other
departments, and outside professionals regarding building,
plumbing, mechanical, electric, and demolition permit
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Experience & Education
Experience: Five years of diversified plan review experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Additional specialized training in structural, electrical,
mechanical, or civil engineering or a related field is
Must successfully pass a supplemental background check,
pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Keywords: City of Olathe, Olathe , Plans Examiner, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!