Compliance Engineering Team Leader
Company: Garmin International, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Garmin is seeking a Compliance Engineering Team Leader at our
headquarters location in the Kansas City area. You will direct and
coordinate activities of a Compliance Engineering team that is
responsible for regulatory standards activities and product
compliance approvals for all of Garmin's consumer products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the role include:
- Establish relationships in periodic meetings with segment
- Understand new and re-certification requirements, coordinate
and delegate as appropriate.
- Assist Compliance Engineers with mitigation plans, obstacles,
processes not being followed by internal partners.
- Performance goal-setting, written evaluations, and coaching
team members toward expected growth and progress.
- Manage compliance-related requests from Sales, Business
Development, Legal and Quality.
- Develop and evaluate KPI's with Compliance Engineering
- Achieve consistent implementation of new and existing processes
across the department.
- Manage feedback loops for quality of compliance test samples,
pre-scan repeatability/correlation, etc.
- Plan and execute compliance engineering projects as
- Assist manager with project load-leveling across the team.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Lead compliance team members to ensure Garmin development
teams' success in designing to meet worldwide Safety, EMC, wireless
and radio regulations.
- Ensure the team achieves expected compliance certifications in
accordance with the product development plan, market requirements,
and/or applicable regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering,
Electro-Optics or Physics from four-year college or university or
equivalent education or experience
- 10 years experience as a Compliance or Regulatory Approvals
Engineer or Team Leader, performing duties similar to the essential
functions of this job description
- Experience in forming cross-functional teams to solve
- Broad experience in compliance engineering with standards such
as: (SAR, UL, IEC, NOM, CSA, FCC, CISPR, Industry Canada, ETSI,
ITU, JASO, SAE, ACMA, NZS, ANATEL, ICASA, SOLAS) and directives
(RED, R&TTE, Battery, LVD, EMC, eMark, ELV, UN ECE and
- Detail oriented, organized, with demonstrated analytical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage technical human resources
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Office
- Experience in working with regulatory and standards
- Experience in safety compliance testing of electronic products,
including products using rechargeable Lithium batteries
- Experience in writing compliance reports and declarations of
- Willingness to travel
Relocation assistance provided. Never been to Kansas City? Check
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, age or
Keywords: Garmin International, Inc., Olathe , Compliance Engineering Team Leader, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!