Facilities Maintenance Project Supervisor
Company: City of Olathe
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The City of Olathe is currently seeking a Facilities Maintenance
Project Supervisor who can supervise, plan, prioritize and assign
the work of staff responsible for the renovation projects,
operation, preventative maintenance, and general repair of the
At the City of Olathe, Kansas we are "Setting the Standard for
Excellence in Public Service" and we have the results and the
awards to prove it! Leading public-sector customer service results
and recognition by Fast Company and Money magazines as a "Fast
City" and a "Best place to live." Olathe is in an elite category
for local government.
- Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the operations and
reliability of City facilities and general infrastructure systems.
Establishes and monitors preventative maintenance processes and
programs and facility inspection processes for on-going review of
maintenance work. Coordinates efforts with other members of the
Facility Maintenance (FM) staff to optimize resources, maximize
efficiencies, and support cross-zone programs with other
- Manages moderate-sized capital improvement, facilities
improvement and construction projects; develops project scope;
project budget; determines priorities; assigns staff; monitors work
of city staff and contractors, coordinates necessary permitting;
identifies problems and implements solutions; conducts final
- Oversees City construction projects for feasibility and
efficient project management; analyzes and rationalizes
cost/benefit construction proposals and makes appropriate
recommendations regarding the feasibility of projects; oversees
efficient space planning processes.
- Supervises all pre-construction evaluation and planning
activities develops construction plan logistics and cost estimates;
organizes and coordinates the work of professional architects,
engineers, and technicians in the development of preliminary
drawings and specifications; completes and submits building permit
applications; meets with department representatives and coordinates
the process of project approval.
- Provides regular on-site construction management services;
schedules, monitors and supervises work, including work performed
by city facilities personnel and by contractors; negotiates and
approves small and medium change orders; inspects completed work;
documents final project punch-lists and resolves contractor issues;
approves progress and other payments for work and delivered
products; ensures the delivery of project warranties and operation
manuals; provides for equipment and system operator training.
- Oversees and coordinates the department's automated work order
systems for facilities management, the Computer Maintenance
Management System (CMMS). Works with CMMS administrator to develop
and modify preventative maintenance program, including updating
preventative maintenance routines based on manufacturer's
maintenance schedules using facility asset inventory to integrate
with the CMMS system. Assist with asset management efforts of
Infrastructure inventory control of equipment.
- Reviews daily work orders via the CMMS program and plans,
schedules and assigns work orders to employees.
- Inspects facilities for needed maintenance work or views work
orders, complaints and other requests for services received from
- Conduct Performance Planning Document (PPD) evaluations of team
- Inspects work performed by service work contractors for boiler,
HVAC, plumbing, electrical, elevator and other service
- Coordinates with Procurement Department on associated building
infrastructure activities, which may include preparing RFQ, RFPs,
SOPs, for maintenance related work and professional
- Participates in department capital budgeting and planning
processes in relation to building maintenance capital improvement
projects, preventative maintenance, and program enhancements.
- Monitors the safety and accessibility of the City facilities
and develops work requests to address safety and accessibility
issues such as ADA, OSHA, City and Local code requirements.
- Providesprimaryassistanceandstaff coordinationwithsetup
- Responds immediately or within 24 hours to citizen complaints
connected with building and grounds.
- Serves as liaisonwith City facility maintenance staff, parks
construction staff, and other citydepartmentsanddivisionsrelativeto
- Assist site staff with maintenance needs in planning,
promotion, and delivery of special events, daily programming,
outreach programs and rentals per established site policies and
- Participatesinlong-rangeandmasterplanningwith Facilities and
Housing Assistant Manager.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Provide excellent customer service to City Department and City
Employees by consistently completing work orders and explaining
work orders, fees, and other issues.
Maintain a professional relationship with work order
Treat all employees and co-workers in a respectful
Respond to work orders, calls, and other inquiries in a timely
and responsive manner.
- Maintain paperwork, as required.
Provide Emergency On-Call and Emergency Call Assignments
Experience & Education
Experience: 4-6 years of experience in public or private
facility maintenance, construction, janitorial services or
equivalent. At least 1 year supervisory responsibility.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Supervised by the Facilities and Housing Assistant Manager.
Supervises: One Maintenance staff for Fire Station Building
Maintenance; seasonal employees, volunteers, contractors and
Must pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug
Keywords: City of Olathe, Olathe , Facilities Maintenance Project Supervisor, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!