Summer Swim Lesson Instructor
Company: YMCA Kansas City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director and in accordance
with the mission, character development and values of the YMCA, the
Swim Instructor will teach quality lessons to participants
concentrating on the YMCA's five areas of growth; personal safety,
stroke development, water safety and rescue, personal growth, and
water sports and games. Swim Instructor is expected to emphasize
member service, character development, the mission statement, and
to work with membership retention and promotion.
- Contribute to the overall YMCA mission of healthy living, youth
development and social responsibility.
- Enforce all posted rules and any other rules that are required
to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Teach swim lessons to participants at appropriate age levels,
per national guidelines of course levels and ratios.
- Plan lessons for classes, be well prepared for lesson.
- Responsible for set up and tear down of lessons (includes all
- Take attendance at all classes.
- Responsible for updating all areas and certifications through
the YMCA training certification program as needed for
- Responsible to assist in the cleanliness of the pool and
reporting any maintenance needs.
- Be a team player with all staff.
- Must participate in the annual mission campaign as
- May be asked to participate in special events within the
Aquatics Department and throughout the facility.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- American Safety and Health Institute certifications:
- Current First Aid.
- Current CPRPro (includes AED).
- Current Emergency Oxygen.
- YMCA Swim Lessons Instructor.
- Must be able to relate and work with diverse groups of people
in a friendly and consistent manner.
Keywords: YMCA Kansas City, Olathe , Summer Swim Lesson Instructor, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!