JOB TITLE: Shift Manager (SM)
SUPERVISOR: Assistant General Manager (AGM), General Manager
(GM), Area Coach (AC)
Shift Managers support other management levels by running great
shifts and leading teams self-sufficiently. Shift Managers must
take ownership and responsibility to solve problems while being
willing to provide help and guidance to others. Shift Managers
should have strong leadership qualities and organizational skills
with a confident, professional manner, and can give clear concise
instructions, exhibit good time management skills and good
problem-solving and decision-making.
• Greet everyone with a smile, is polite and pleasant with
guests and team.
• Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic attitude with
co-workers and guests.
• Ensure every guest receives great service and great food while
working with a sense of urgency.
• Works well with other management and fellow Team Members.
Cooperates well with others and works well as a team. Able to help
others when needed. Takes action without being told, willing to go
above and beyond what is simply required.
• Role Model that customer needs are the highest priority.
Resolve customer complaints quickly while maintaining positive
• Ensure that all Team Members present a neat and clean
appearance and correctly wear the company uniform.
• Ensure all Team Members complete their tasks as assigned in a
timely and accurate manner.
• Successfully lead team as Manager in Charge, ensuring company
standards regarding service, food safety, and general procedures
are always being met . Provides ongoing constructive and
complimentary feedback to team.
• Actively participates in the training and development of Team
• Assist with Profit and Loss management, follows cash control
procedures, maintaining inventory and managing labor.
• Provide regular feedback to the RGM and other management on
the performance of the team.
Composure - Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or
irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be
counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle
stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show
frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a
Compassion - Genuinely cares about people; is concerned about
their work and non-work problems; is available and ready to help;
is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate;
demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand
customer information and uses it for improvements in products and
services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains
effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and
Directing Others - Is good at establishing clear directions;
sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately;
lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains
two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the
best in people; is a clear communicator.
Primary service relationships with outside customers; team
building relationships with co-workers and appropriate working
relationships with other internal visitors and vendors. Able to
build a strong relationship with other managers on the team. As
shifts overlap with fellow managers, able to transition from a team
member working a position to a MIC role as the senior manager is no
longer on shift.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience: One-year Restaurant experience required with
proven lead experience on all shifts.
• Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local
• Education: Basic math & reading skills.
• Must have the ability to read, speak, comprehend, and write in
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must pass Criminal Background Check.
• Must be able to pass ServSafe Certification Course and
Diversified Restaurant Group, LLC (DRG) is a restaurant business
working to innovate and grow with quick service and fast casual
brands across the country. What started as a 30-unit Taco Bell
business in 2012 has since grown into a 230+ unit, multi-brand
operation. DRG currently operates Taco Bell and Arby's restaurants
across Northern California, Nevada, and Kansas City; and has
approximately 6,000 team members and continues to grow every
Disclaimer: You are applying to Diversified Restaurant Group, a
franchisee of Taco Bell and Arby's Corp. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary