PLANNING MGMT TRAINEE
Company: TransAm Trucking, Inc.
Posted on: January 14, 2020
the basics - What is TransAm Trucking? TransAm Trucking, Inc. is a
full truckload refrigerated trucking company specializing in
hauling time and temperature sensitive products. We have been in
business since 1987 and have enjoyed a steady, controlled growth
over the years. The corporate office is located in Olathe, Kansas
with terminals located in Rockwall, TX and Tampa, FL. Our business
focuses on hauling freight for manufacturers, distributors and
other truckload shippers with dry or refrigerated freight. TransAm
operates 1200 tractors with 2400 trailers and services the majority
of the continental United States. Our mission is to further the
noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best
driver, employee, and customer experience through our core values
of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. By listening to our
drivers, employees, and customers, we endeavor to create a better
trucking company. The Planning department is responsible for
securing adequate capacity for booked freight using company assets,
and then planning the transportation of loads from shipper to
destination. The ultimate goal of this position is for deliveries
to be on time and in compliance with government regulations,
company standards, and customer expectations. the role - A Load
Planner Trainee is responsible for...
- Learning the business from the ground up through our hands-on
training program that includes exposure to customer service,
transportation logistics, geographical load analysis, and equipment
- Balancing and maintaining equipment availability by routing
outbound drivers in surplus regions to deficit areas with coverage
- Pairing trucks that are empty or unloading soon with freight
needing to be picked up, and confirming dispatch assignments with
other internal departments.
- Ensuring efficient turnaround time for loads to minimize driver
- Implementing contingency logistics plans to secure on-time
freight delivery in the event of an en-route breakdown or accident.
the requirements - This will be a perfect fit for you if...
- You are self-motivated with a desire to learn about the growing
transportation industry. No previous industry-specific experience
- You are highly computer proficient and able to learn and
navigate multiple advanced-level programs.
- You have a flexible schedule (see working hours below).
- You can think quickly in a deadline-driven environment with
rapidly changing priorities.
- You are highly analytical and organized and enjoy uncovering
hard-to-find solutions. the details - What are the hours, pay, and
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday, daytime
- Based on company need at the time of promotion to Planner, one
of the following shifts will be assigned:
- Monday-Friday extended daytime shift (ex: Monday-Friday,
7:00am-5:00pm) Rotating weekends
- Pay changes as follows:
- Load Planner Trainee – $17.31 per hour
- Planner – $47,000 salary plus efficiency incentives
- TransAm is based in Olathe, KS, the fourth-largest cities in
the Kansas City metropolitan area. Olathe is in the center of a
national transportation network and has become one of the Midwest's
dominant business, economic, and cultural centers. the perks -
What's in it for you?
- A casual, smoke-free work environment with a collaborative
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverages
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 88 hours of paid time off after 90 days plus additional PTO
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and
Costco memberships the next step - Does this sound like a match for
you? Apply now by submitting your resume and completing an online
application. A member of our recruiting team will review your
resume and reach out to schedule a phone screen if your
qualifications match our requirements. Due to the high volume of
applications received, TransAm is unable to provide updates on
individual application status. TransAm is committed to the
principles of equal employment opportunity and
Keywords: TransAm Trucking, Inc., Olathe , PLANNING MGMT TRAINEE, Other , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!