Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager
Company: Olathe Health
Posted on: June 17, 2022
We welcome you to join the Information Technology team as an IT
Operations Manager. The IT Manager's role is to plan, coordinate
and manage activities related to the evolution of information
technology from a strategic perspective, visualizing how existing,
new and emerging technologies can be applied to support the
business, foreseeing future technology standards and accelerating
the transfer of these key learning experiences across the
enterprise. The IT Operations Manager is responsible for the
functions performed by the Service Desk and Systems Administration
teams within a 7 x 24 hour continuous operations environment for
the Olathe Health System. The IT Operations Manager is responsible
for information needs assessment, purchasing recommendations,
project planning and implementation of technology. The IT Manager
must possess exceptional written and verbal communication,
presentation, customer service, coaching and mentoring skills.
- 4 Year / Bachelors Degree College (Technical Courses) or
Equivalent Experience Minimum
- Other: Technical Engineering Certification (CNE, MCSE,
CCNP,CCDP, CCIE or similar) Preferred
- Other: 10+ years of progressively responsible technical
experience in Service Desk/Systems Administration or Engineering
roles in a complex infrastructure environment. Must be able to
function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in
schedules and priorities. displays strong initiative and can
establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting goals
within defined timeliness. Minimum
- 1 - 3 Years Must be able to function in a dynamic environment
subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities. Displays
strong initiative and can establish personal goals and take
responsibility for meeting goals within defined timeliness.
- 3 - 5 Years Supervisory experience. Preferred
- Ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally, with all
levels within the organization. Functions as a change agent and is
not threatened or intimidated by change and uncertainty. (Minimum
- Ability to mentor and motivate staff. Ability to work as part
of a team. (Preferred proficiency)
- Document and process to improve customer relations. Ability to
deliver customer service to users with various levels of computer
knowledge. Strong healthcare technical aptitude and troubleshooting
skills. (Minimum proficiency)
- Maintain functions within budget parameters. (Minimum
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent conflict resolution
and negotiations skills. (Minimum proficiency)
- Demonstrated skill in coaching and mentoring others. (Minimum
- Other: HDI Support Center Manager and ITIL Foundation Level
- Ensures definition of work activities are clearly understood. -
Advise and assist with user security access in collaboration with
Use Access. - Follow required Change Control processes to ensure
proper approval, coordination and communication of system changes.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Identifies, researches and resolves complex technical problems.
- Creates and manages the 7 day x 24 hour escalation procedures and
ensures service levels are maintained. - Documents, tracks, and
monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Provides Capacity Planning utilizing the strategic planning
process. - Works with departments and IT staff to assess the
applicability, functionality, and viability of this technology and
provide a critical analysis to the department, and/or senior IT
management team. Provides analysis and research to support the IT
strategic technology planning process as required. - Maintains an
awareness of the state of the art in technologies, which may have
application for the organization.
- Demonstrates positive leadership, attitude, and maintains a
professional image in the work setting.
- Ensures that all dealings with internal customers, external
customers, and vendors are handled with honesty and integrity.
Maintains flexible work schedule to meet assignment schedules, and
departmental goals and objectives. Demonstrates the ability to deal
with difficult situations effectively and in a positive
- Performs staff evaluations/development and manages employee
relations, including disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for desired outcomes. - -
Escalates appropriately to ensure a successful resolution to
customer requests and issues. - Always uses the approved Change
Control methodology to ensure appropriate notification and approval
has been obtained. -Recommends improvements to processes,
procedures and policies. - Researches problems identified by
Service Desk / Operations.
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or
Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term
Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals
(up to $5,250/year)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and
happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something
special---something with a purpose. - We want the best and
brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing
compassionate, personalized care. - And we are committed to
continue to give our associates growth and developmental
opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work
environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other
as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe
Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will
take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a
dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates
today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our
patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical
Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and
Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician
corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of
services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life,
from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties,
including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home
health and hospice. -
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC
and MCMC - - - - - - - four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine's "2020 Best Companies to Work for"
(large employer category) and one of the "Best Hospitals in Kansas
for Nurses" (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for
YOU to join our team today!
Keywords: Olathe Health, Olathe , Information Technology (IT) Operations Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!