Host/Hostess - Part Time
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Job Title: Host - Hostess FLSA: Non-Exempt
Revision Date: 01/2018
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service, as well
as be the first impression of our establishment. Arranges parties
or special services for guests.
Accountable and Reports to:
General Manger, All FOH and BOH Managers
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains,
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and
- Greet guests, escort them to their table, present and answer
questions about menu items, making recommendations upon
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according
to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of
- Make sure the server is aware they have been seated.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service,
respond to complaints, or to make conversation
- Maintain contact with kitchen staff, management, serving staff,
and customers to ensure that dining details are handled properly
and customers' concerns are addressed
- Assist dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous
service to guests.
- Assist with cleanliness and organization of dining room and
- Say good-bye to all of the guests. Inquiry about guest
satisfaction as they are leaving and if there was any kind of
problem, quickly get a Manager.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished
- May total receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clear
- Maintain strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing
Education and Experience
No education requirement. 0-2 years of work related experience.
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
This is a fast paced atmosphere which requires significant contact
and communication with others, with great attention to guest
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Standard tools and equipment used in a serving environment
including cash register, Multi-line telephone systems, Touch Screen
monitors, credit card processing machines, paging equipment, Point
of Sale printers, terminals and workstations.
Has constant contact with the general public and guests.
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Olathe , Host/Hostess - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!