Restaurant General Manager - Salary + Generous Bonus Plan!
Company: Ra Sushi
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Responsible for the overall performance of restaurant operations
including customer service,
financials, food quality, beverage quality, guest and employee
safety practices. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing,
training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in
sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and
satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation. Oversees
all purchases of food, beverage, supplies and equipment. Regularly
measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and
employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
Ensures restaurant is in compliance with all applicable federal,
state and local laws, codes and regulations.
Specific Job Duties:
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes
final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and
ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production
and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being
adhered to at all times
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and arranges
for repairs, contracts and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests
throughout the restaurant. Ensures proper emergency and security
procedures are in place and all employees have been appropriately
- Plans, coordinates and has final approval on the scheduling of
all restaurant departments.
- Prepares all required paperwork, including forms, reports and
schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant
marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
Communicates to staff and ensures all employees are aware of
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and
regulations outlined in the RA Employee Handbook
Food Safety and Planning:
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure
compliance with operational standards, company policies,
federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking,
and serving standards.
- Responsible for all restaurant inventories including food,
liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment, & tool
inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented
detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs, &
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through
systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and
condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the
restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling
and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant
policies and procedures.
- Reviews financial information such as sales and costs and
monitors budgets to ensure efficient operation and that
expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to
prevent deviation from budget.
- Prepare budgets as required by corporate and General Manage in
an effort to meet budget projections.
- Prepare period and quarterly end budget analysis.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase
sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility
and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices,
reporting) and employee and payroll related administrative duties
are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and
- Interviews, selects and hires hourly employees. Makes
employment and termination decisions.
- Conducts new hire orientations, trains employees on Company
mission, culture and guest experience objectives.
- Develops employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing
performance expectations and by conducting performance
- Prepares schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed
for all shifts.
- Continuously strives to develop staff in all managerial and
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel,
and, administer prompt, fair, and consistent corrective action for
any and all violations of company policies, rules, and
- Forecast & implement improvement plans for management
development, & continuing education.
- Ensure all restaurant staff & management team members have
necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Communicate well all aspects of weekly operations by leading
weekly team management meetings.
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming the expert in all
aspects of the restaurant.
- Be a role model and a teacher to restaurant staff.
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of restaurant management experience working
in a high volume full service concept or minimum one year as an
assistant restaurant manager at RA Sushi with good performance and
- Proficiency in food planning and preparation, purchasing,
sanitation, security, personnel management, recordkeeping, and
preparation of reports.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to
operate a POS system.
- Have knowledge of service and food & beverage operations,
generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house &
back-of-the-house operations and/or assistant management
- College degree in hospitality management or related field
- A combination of practical experience and education will be
considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must agree to background and credit check.
- Serv Safe certified, alcohol service certified
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills:
Customer Service: Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism when
interacting with guests and dealing with guest complaints. Ability
to monitor and anticipate guests' needs and respond accordingly in
an effort to maintain a positive and enjoyable dining
Communication: Must possess excellent verbal and nonverbal
communication skills. Must be able to interpret nonverbal cues in
an effort to identify and correct potential problems. Must be able
to effectively communicate in English.
Interpersonal Relationships : Ability to adapt and interact with a
diverse group of people. Ability to maintain a professional and
courteous demeanor during stressful and/or busy times. Must be able
to work as part of a team and recognize the importance of each team
member's role in the guest dining experience.
Physical Demands : Must be able to perform a variety of physical
activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods
of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50
lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc)
containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Repetitive hand and wrist
motion may be required. Working with hot, cold and hazardous
equipment as well as operate phones, computers and other office
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety : Knowledge of
industry standards on food storage and handling techniques is
required. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared,
cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of hibachi and beverages is
Problem Solving and Conflict Management : Must exercise sound
judgment and possess good problem solving skills. Must have the
ability to recognize and resolve problems in an appropriate
Leadership: Must possess s elf-discipline, initiative, leadership
ability and outgoing, pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean
appearance. Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to
ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards. Must be
able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide
range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to
restaurant problems. Ability to recognize, maintain and understand
the need for confidentiality and handling confidential company
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include
holidays, nights and weekends. Typical work week = 50 hours.
Associated topics: day manager, deli manager, food service
supervisor, management, manager, night manager, operations manager,
service manager, shift leader, shift manager
Keywords: Ra Sushi, Olathe , Restaurant General Manager - Salary + Generous Bonus Plan!, Hospitality & Tourism , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!