Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
The Charge Nurse is responsible for ensuring excellent patient
satisfaction and positive outcomes by:
- Supervising the care, treatment and services provided to
patients by nursing staff on the assigned unit and throughout the
- Supporting the efforts of the nursing staff by providing direct
patient care when needed.
- Assessing and reassessing patients throughout the shift and
reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to the nurse
supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Participating on the interdisciplinary team by providing the
appropriate information to the team, and utilizing the information
received to ensure positive patient outcomes.
- Creating a plan of care that is individualized to patient needs
and is reflective of patient goals. Benefits
To attract and retain the best professionals, we offer a
comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes
medical, dental, vision, 401(k), college savings plan, employee
assistance program, pre-paid legal plan and much more. For more
information on available benefits, please
What types of patients will you care for?
We are an acute rehabilitation hospital setting. Typically our
nurses can expect to spend an average of 2-4 weeks with our
patients with a variety of diagnosis such as: stroke, spinal cord
injury, brain injury, various neurological disorders, rheumatoid
arthritis, osteoarthritis, amputation, joint replacement,
fractures, multiple trauma, cardiac conditions, and pulmonary
conditions. 80% of our patients are discharged directly home.
We use evidence-based
practice guidelines to treat our patients. We utilize our clinical
outcomes to assess and improve our treatment interventions and
programs. We participate in a national outcomes database, which
provides benchmarks and sophisticated outcome reports to help us
continually analyze and improve our patient outcomes.
Helping you become a better nurse is critical to our success -
You will be paired with mentors
attend in-house as well as external educational programs. The
treatment team is made up of full time therapists, nurses, social
workers, pharmacists and medical staff; a great way to learn beyond
your own discipline.
Job Code: 100111
License or Certification:
- Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations.
- CPR certification (ACLS preferred)
- CRRN certification preferredEducation, Training and Years of
- Two years of experience in inpatient hospital setting
- Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferredPhysical
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds and ability push/pull a
minimum of 30 pounds, which includes the lifting, pushing and/or
pulling of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and
repositioning of patients.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.Ability to
reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for patient care
functions and in setting up and monitoring equipment.
Keywords: Encompass Health, Olathe , Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!