Associate Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy
Posted on: June 19, 2022
KCAS Bioanalytical & Biomarker Services is seeking an Associate
Scientist to join our Cell and Gene Therapy group who will be a
team player in supporting bioanalytical work within its GLP
bioanalytical laboratory in Shawnee, Kansas.KCAS is a contract
research organization (CRO) providing bioanalytical & biomarker
services to pharmaceutical clients in support of drug development,
preclinical and clinical studies.The Associate Scientist acts as a
contributing scientist for studies, with ability to carry out all
aspects from study setup and development, through reporting with
some assistance. Utilize a strong base in scientific
principles/theory to assess data integrity and troubleshooting.
Able to independently complete experiments.In this role, we will
rely on you to:
- Contribute to the planning of all phases of assigned projects
including, R&D, ensure adequate supplies, method validation,
test procedure preparation, sample analysis, data calculation,
interpretation & review, troubleshooting and report
- Design basic experiments & evaluate outcome vs. current SOPs,
protocols other relevant standards with assistance; recommend
appropriate course of action as necessary.
- Provide work instructions and guidance to more junior
scientific staff in the conducting of assigned projects.
- Process and summarize data and interact with clients and/or
auditors as necessary. (This is a representative summary of
responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive)WHO YOU ARE:You
will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are
open-minded and flexible, can prioritize effectively to solve
problems and meet deadlines, embrace high-level performance and
constant development, and are self-directed while being drawn to
the camaraderie of a team atmosphere.In addition, to qualify
specifically for this role, you will have:Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master's degree in Cell Biology,
Biochemistry, Immunology, Protein Science, or related biological
- A minimum of 2 years working in an industry lab, CRO or
Pharmaceutical setting (preferred) with GLP/GxP experience (a
- Experience with ELISA and Cell Culture.
- Experience running Flow Cytometry, Ligand Binding Assays, Cell
Culture and ELISAs.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Flow Cytometry experience, with the ability to design panels
- Tissue homogenization, colorimetric assays, such as: MTT, cell
killing assays, and immune cell activation (ELISPOT).
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Flexible and adaptable - able to work independently and/or in a
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve - Critical
- Solid mathematical abilities.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand
and supports company mission, vision, and values.Physical
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.WHAT YOU'LL GET:In
addition to a competitive compensation, full suite of medical
benefits and time off, you will have the opportunity to be part of
employee appreciation events and local community outreach. You'll
thrive in a fast-paced environment centered on career progression
and development, where we collaborate on impactful contributions
and reward for outstanding performance.WHO WE ARE:KCAS is a
contract research organization (CRO) headquartered within the metro
area of Kansas City, KS. We are uniquely positioned to provide our
pharmaceutical clients with both large and small molecule
development in support of drug developments, preclinical and
clinical studies. Demand for our expertise in bioanalytical &
biomarker services is growing and so is our team of dedicated
experts - now is a great time to join us to be part of improving
the world's health!KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or any other legally protected category.LIMITATIONS AND
DISCLAIMERThe above position description is meant to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.This
position description in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees may be required to follow additional
instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a
supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of
knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job
successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes
to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on
an "at-will" basis.#LI-JS1IND123
Keywords: KCAS, Olathe , Associate Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy, Healthcare , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!