Registered Veterinary Technician
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Overview:Gardner Animal Hospital is adding a Registered
Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant to be an important
member of our growing team!
Location details: 945 E Santa Fe St, Gardner, KS 66030Shift
details: 4 day work week with rotating weekends
Looking for a flexible schedule and an awesome opportunity? We are
open to part time, flex schedules, and students! Apply today to set
up an interview!
Job Summary: The Registered Veterinary Technician provides
leadership and training to the medical support staff in the
operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital
policy and procedures and provides medical care to patients as
allowed in the veterinary practice act. The Registered Veterinary
Technician will be able to communicate effectively with team
members and clients and have great attention to detail and
Responsibilities:How you'll make an impact:
Maintain and uphold Core Values and Mission Statement of MVP.
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift
- Mentor team members for career advancement and personal
development towards goals.
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related
information in the patient record accurately with appropriate
grammar, terms, and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions
- Answer client's inquiries about basic animal care questions and
routine procedures; handle client's medical questions with
confidence and direct to veterinarians when
appropriate.Qualifications:Talents you'll bring to MVP:
- Must be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not
limited to laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and
- Ability to demonstrate patience and composure in stressful
situations, and ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stay calm and efficient during a medical
- Ability to give SQ, IM and IV injections.
- Knowledge of usage, dosage, and common side-effects for
commonly used prescription drugs and ability to readily explain
them to the clients.
- Knowledge of the common anesthesia and recovery states and
ability to alert veterinarians when symptoms change or when
concerns arise with hospitalized patients.
- Ability to properly extubate, monitor temperature and recover a
patient from anesthesia.
- The employee must have mental processes for reasoning,
remembering, mathematics, and language ability (reading, writing,
and speaking the English language) to perform the duties
- The employee must be confident around pets.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We're a rapidly
growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the
United States. And while it's important to know who we are, it's
more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the
employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder
than those words. We put people before profits and invest in our
talented teams. Our connection to our core values last longer than
a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every
day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the
right team can achieve anything.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health
discounts and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a
team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees.#CORP123
Keywords: Mission Veterinary Partners, Olathe , Registered Veterinary Technician, Healthcare , Gardner, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!