Licensed Practical Nurse Ortho Trauma
Company: Research Medical Center
Posted on: May 12, 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Currently offering a $10,000 sign-On bonus and new increased
rates!!!Are you looking for a work environment as an Ortho Trauma
Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) where diversity and inclusion thrive?
Submit your application with Research Medical Center today and find
out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they
need. At RMC, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision
packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits
package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of
our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)The Life of an HCA
We are seeking an Ortho Trauma Licensed Practice Nurse (LPN) to
ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We
are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!The Licensed
Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) coordinates and
delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a
variety of delegated basic patient care services. In collaboration
with the RN and other members of the care team, the LVN/LPN
provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care in
accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the
department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice
for the relevant state and specialty.
About this unit:
- Ability to specialize and be an empathetic LPN working with
patients dealing with chronic pain and mobility concerns as well as
- Work closely with the Trauma Team (Surgeons, NPs, PAs) caring
for a diverse group of trauma patients including vehicle accidents,
life-flight patients and gunshot wounds.
- 23-Bed Unit providing opportunity to specialize in Ortho and
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse
(LVN/LPN) coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered
care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care
- In collaboration with the RN and other members of the care
team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized, comprehensive, and
compassionate care in accordance with the nature and specific
requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and
standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty.
- Collects data and performs focused nursing assessments of the
health status of patients.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned
patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with
procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of
practice, after demonstrating competency.
- Inserts and maintains IVs, after meeting training requirements
and demonstrating competency.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance
with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors patient
for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as
appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient
status, informing appropriate team members.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or
practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Reinforces education for patient and family based on the
individual needs of the customer.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical
record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the
principles of patient privacy and security of protected health
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to
the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers
and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to
ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Facilitates the management of the day's scheduled cases.
- Current licensure by the Missouri State Board of Nursing or
current and valid license from a compact state. Successful
completion of a state approved intravenous therapy course, if not
taught in nursing curriculum.
- No experience required. Prefer one year of direct patient
experience in an acute care setting.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal,
organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the
care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas
City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart of HCA
MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our
skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure
that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700
doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah
Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute
and Women's Care Center, feature advanced technological resources
used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs
are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our
advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive
hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply
for our LPN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our
team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
NoticeOur Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: Research Medical Center, Olathe , Licensed Practical Nurse Ortho Trauma, Healthcare , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!