Phlebotomist - Laboratory Assistant
Company: Olathe Health
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Job Summary: We welcome you to join the Laboratory Team as a
Phlebotomist. You will be responsible for direct patient care for
the Laboratory, obtaining blood specimens from hospital inpatients,
outpatients, Emergency Care, Day Surgery, and Nursing Home
patients. Also responsible for organizing work-flow to maximize
efficiency in the Central Receiving area and assist with all
general laboratory functions. Minimum Requirements:
- High School or GED Minimum
- Other: Attended Phlebotomy Course and Completed Clinical
- Any Job Related Experience Preferred
- Safety Blood Collection Equipment (Preferred proficiency) Key
- Recognizes and demonstrates the Laboratory Service's role in
the continuum of patient care by contributing to high quality,
timely, cost-effective diagnostic information.
- Successfully completes all required position competency
assessments. Maintains competency by routinely working in all
areas, as trained.
- Uses time to departmental advantage to ensure efficient
workflow. Demonstrates multi-tasking abilities and floats to where
the Laboratory workload demands, regardless of assigned area.
Avoids non-productive activities during work time.
- Demonstrates working knowledge and functionality of the
laboratory computer system, hospital computer system, and
work-related web access, as required.
- Participates in the education of others, including OHS staff,
medical staff, CLS students, Phlebotomy students, high school
student volunteers/interns, and observers. Benefit Highlights:
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or
Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term
Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals
(up to $5,250/year) Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based
on position. Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health? Our mission is to
help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers
want to be a part of something special---something with a purpose.
- We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are
focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. - And we are
committed to continue to give our associates growth and
developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and
welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to
help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care
possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our
people, they will take care of everything else. From our modest
beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional
health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health
continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the
community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc.
(OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health
Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38
locations. The system offers a wide range of services and
specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary
care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including
oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and
hospice. - Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC
and MCMC - - - - - - - four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine's "2020 Best Companies to Work for"
(large employer category) and one of the "Best Hospitals in Kansas
for Nurses" (according to nurse.org). Great things are happening at
Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team
Keywords: Olathe Health, Olathe , Phlebotomist - Laboratory Assistant, Healthcare , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!