Paramedic - Saint Luke's Olathe Community Hospital - PRN Night
Company: St. Luke's of Kansas City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
* Obtains/records vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration,
blood pressure, and weight).
* Monitors patient's respiratory status and initiates oxygen
therapy and treatments per protocol and as ordered by physician.
Performs oral, nasal and ET tube suctioning
* Performs additional skills which may include, but not limited to:
phlebotomy, IV initiation, medication administration, and
maintenance,12- lead ECG, waived laboratory testing per unit
* Initiates cardiac monitoring; demonstrates ability to detect
dysrhythmias and notifies registered nurse/physician.
* Administers approved medications as ordered by the physician.
* Applies orthopedic appliances including but not limited to:
extremity splinting, clavicular, straps, cervical collars, ace
wraps, ankle air splints, knee immobilizers, slings, simple
splints, and adjustments to crutches.
* Assists in C-spine stabilization/immobilization, placing patient
on backboard while maintaining cervical alignment.
* Reports adverse treatments or medications in accordance with
current policies and procedures
* Demonstrates the ability to collect laboratory samples and
perform lab testing in accordance with CLIA and TJC regulations and
established policies and procedures
* Ensure proper supplies, appropriate medical equipment and
medications are available for patient care and par levels meet
* Prepare patient meals
* Paramedic with 1+ year experience required
* Paramedic Certification in good standing in the state of
* Current BLS and ACLS required
* Current Pediatric Life Support (PALS) preferred
* Experience using Electronic Medical Record preferred
* Collaborative teamwork skills within an interdisciplinary group
focused on patient care
* Demonstrates expertise in emergent and non-emergent patient care
across the lifespan continuum
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to perform while under stress
* Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
* Ability to document accurately and concisely
* Ability to follow hospital policies, goals and procedures
Night (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint
Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our
employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit,
locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's
means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for
excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within
a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a
condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System
employees unless a medical or religious exemption is
Keywords: St. Luke's of Kansas City, Olathe , Paramedic - Saint Luke's Olathe Community Hospital - PRN Night, Healthcare , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!