Region Vice President, Human Resources Region B - USBL - US
Company: Sysco Northeast Rdc
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Company: US0057 Sysco Kansas City, Inc.Zip Code:66061Employment
Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: JOB SUMMARY:As a member of the
region senior leadership team, the Regional VP-HR works
strategically with leadership to successfully execute region,
market-level, and enterprise-wide initiatives within the sites in a
region (OpCo).RESPONSIBILITIES:Partner with Regional function leads
to successfully execute Corporate, Market and Regional strategic HR
initiatives, as well as identify and proactively develop talent
through formal training, mentoring, coaching and "stretch"
- Participate in in succession planning to ensure talent is
available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility
across the Region and elsewhere at Sysco
- Oversee the performance management process and work with
functional leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations.
Provide training and consultation as necessary
- Respond to grievances, review disciplinary programs, conduct
investigations, prepare for arbitrations, and participate in union
contract negotiations - (in Union locations)
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with
federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and
- Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR staff across
Region as needed, including proactive guidance, troubleshooting
support, and issue escalation
- Oversee all benefits and compensation policies and procedures,
as well as execution of all local training for associates and
leadership training on HR topics such as ethics, labor laws and
policiesQUALIFICATIONS:Education and / or Experience:
- At least 7 years of exempt-level Sysco Human Resources
experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with major emphasis in Human
Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field and
at least 7 years (10 preferred) of demonstrated strategic HR
leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR and
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication
- Travel will occur to other sites within the region
approximately 1 - 3 times per month.Preferred
Qualifications:Workday experience preferredProfessional Skills:
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and
directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others'
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding the
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding the
information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in
writing so others will understand
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs
and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and
reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific
problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is
likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only
recognizing there is a problem.
- Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a
topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality,
correctness, or creativity).Certificates, Licenses, and
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional
Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR),
SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Valid driver's license and driving record meeting Sysco
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
- The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as
desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners,
telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and
driving conditions.NOTICE: The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of the environment and the level of
work being performed by this job. This job description in no way
states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are
the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The
employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to
perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her
supervisor.This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job
description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business
necessity.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits,
please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comCOMPENSATION INFORMATION:The
pay range provided is not indicative of Sysco's actual pay range
but is merely algorithmic and provided for generalized comparison.
Factors that may be used to determine rate of pay include specific
skills, work location, work experience and other individualized
factorsOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer
locations.We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunityis available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco Northeast Rdc, Olathe , Region Vice President, Human Resources Region B - USBL - US, Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!