Director of Innovation and Career Pathways Programming
Company: Olathe Public Schools
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Director of Innovation and Career Pathways Programming JobID:
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCE CENTER
Job Title: Director of Innovation & Career Pathways Programming
Department: Learning Services/Instructional Resource Center
Work Calendar: 12-month/242-calendar
Prepared/Revised Date: February 2023
This position supports the vision, mission, and strategic plan of
the Olathe Public Schools leading all aspects and efforts related
to innovative programming for students K-12. The Director of
Innovation and Programming coordinates and oversees the district's
21 st Century Academies, Career Technical Education (CTE) Pathways
and Real-World Learning (RWL) opportunities. This includes the
creation of protocols for conducting and reviewing needs analysis
of 21 st Century Academies, CTE pathways, and RWL opportunities as
well as developing and continually growing a robust network of
industry partnerships to support RWL opportunities that meet
district's strategic goal for MVAs and state's graduation
requirement for Post-Secondary Assets. The Director of Innovation
and Programming implements and oversees STEM programs/initiatives
in K-12 buildings throughout the district, coordinates the
development, alignment, and implementation of content from industry
driven needs/standards and best practices to ensure quality
programming that meets the technical requirements for certification
and program completion by developing and delivering professional
learning for staff that supports the innovation opportunities
available to students.
PPRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and manages all aspects of all 21 st Century Academies
including program development and review.
- Coordinates the development, implementation and review of
curriculum related coursework to guarantee rigor and relevance
which ensures academy participation and completion prepares
students for post-secondary success.
- Coordinates and communicates with academy teachers in all
programs to ensure equal opportunity for application.
- Facilitates the process for applications, selection, and
acceptance into academies in conjunction with academy
- Works in collaboration with building principals to support
academy instructors and provide timely support and
- Builds, leads and directly supervises a high performing
instructional team of Coordinators for Career & Technical
Education, Instructional Technology, & e-Learning.
- Leads all planning and collaboration in revisioning of Library
Media Centers and other CTE/CCR spaces with a focus on innovation
and real-world learning.
- Supports STEM programs/initiatives in K-12 buildings.
- Collaborates and communicates with the technology department on
all technology needs related to innovation, instruction and
- Collaborates and communicates with the College & Career
Readiness/Counseling coordinator to support Individual Plans of
Study, state graduation requirements, and maintaining updated
secondary program planning guides.
- Assists with the development of tracking and transcription
processes for College and Career Readiness Individual Plans of
Study, Post-secondary Assets & MVA graduation requirements, and
development of industry driven RWL opportunities for students.
- Oversees the identification and implementation of district wide
CTE programs and academies to ensure state statutes and community
college partnership requirements are being met to provide
comprehensive career pathway options for all students.
- Ensures completion of all annual reporting and auditing
(internal and external) to maintain compliance with industry
requirements and funding sources (Perkins Grant, Kauffman Grant,
and other funding sources). -
- Provides clear and consistent communication to and
collaboration with building and district leadership, attending
district leadership meetings and leveled building meetings as
- Collaborates with District Public Relations department to
create marketing strategies for partnerships and programming.
- Leads communication with teachers, students and the community
regarding post-secondary learning opportunities, pathways, and
projects for post-secondary readiness available to students.
- Builds relationships with industry partners through the
establishment of an advisory board to ensure quality and alignment
with industry needs.
- Offers insight to the Board of Education around vision and
- Performs other duties as assigned. -
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed as a school and district administrator in Kansas.
- Master's degree in Curriculum/Instruction, Administration or
related educational field.
- Over five years of experience in K-12 Leadership, Education,
- Experience with post-secondary success opportunities and
programs for students.
- Building leadership experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of curriculum design as demonstrated through
- Demonstrated success leading strategic educational initiatives
that result in measurable improved student achievement.
- Demonstrated success leading school improvement initiatives
that close student achievement gaps between racial, ethnic, and
- Demonstrated success designing, and leading a systemic change
process in a large, complex, diverse organization. -
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in instruction and innovative programming for
college and career readiness.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication
- E?ective interpersonal and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex roles and
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- High degree of motivation, responsibility, and
- Demonstrated ability in compiling, organizing, and analyzing
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Highly collaborative team player.
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in
calculations, including the ability to determine and manage
multiple instructional and resource budget allocations.
- Ability to self-initiate areas of opportunity, make
recommendations for improvement, and follow up as necessary to
achieve desired results.
- Effective decision-making skills; capable of having crucial
This position requires the performance of light work-which requires
exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently to move objects. The position includes
close visual acuity, frequent talking, hearing, walking and
standing, occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling,
some stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling and significant
fine finger dexterity.
This position can be a physical position that requires agility and
crisis management skills. The job is performed in non-hazardous
environments and a clean atmosphere.
IMPORTANT EMPLOYMENT STATEMENTS
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature of
the work being performed and are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required. This document describes the position currently available.
The District reserves the right to modify job duties or job
descriptions at any time.
The Olathe Public Schools prohibit discrimination on the basis of
race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, disability, age,
religion, sexual orientation or gender identity in its programs,
activities or employment as required by applicable federal and
Email To A Friend
Postings current as of 3/6/2023 9:03:52 PM CST. Powered by
applicant tracking, a product of Frontline Education.
Keywords: Olathe Public Schools, Olathe , Director of Innovation and Career Pathways Programming, Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...