Posted on: September 24, 2022
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 250 global multi-industrial
manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.5 billion in 2021.
The companys seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique
ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins
and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused
solutions are required. ITWs approximately 45,000 dedicated
colleagues around the world thrive in the companys decentralized
and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com . SummaryThe Product
Manager position will manage and be accountable for all aspects of
all marketing related activities. The role is responsible for
providing strategic and operational marketing leadership and
direction to deliver profitable long-term growth as well as achieve
short term targets across the businesses. These targets include
(but not limited to) setting strategic direction, identifying focus
areas in current and adjacent spaces/markets, customer and end user
engagement and intimacy, new product development, strategic
pricing, and market share improvements. In addition, the position
will provide support to all areas of the company in identifying and
implementing process improvements. This position will reside in
Olathe, KS or Easton, MD. Essential Duties
- Segment customer base and develop sub-strategies for end user
engagement to ensure the success of growth opportunities and
targets are in place to deliver desired results in each of the
targeted market segments
- Perform market research, competitive analysis and business data
(unit volumes, revenues and margin) reporting to understand market
and business trends and make informed decisions for current and
future product direction. Have a deep understanding of top
competitors product lines and value propositions and develop GAP
- Have an understanding of customers buying tendencies in the
Food Services, Jan San, Transportation market.
- Meet regularly with customers, to understand customer needs,
pain points and develop into product requirements (voice of the
- Own New Product Development Process and lead assigned projects
through all phases of development: Discover, Create, Develop,
Deploy. Work alongside a high-performance product development team
though all product innovation stages to ensure strong competitive
differentiation while also meeting time to market
- Develop robust value propositions for all new products
utilizing VOC andinput from Sales, Application Engineering and
- Develop clear and strong Brand equity for Jan San product
- Own all aspects of product, including but not limited to a deep
understanding of what the product does and how it is used by the
customer (application knowledge), how product/tool is manufactured,
what options there might be to simplify steps or reduce the number
of SKUs, BOM development, pricing (list prices, contract pricing,
one off pricing, RFQs).
- Set and maintain all product pricing, implementing increases as
needed when material cost increases occur. Support all RFQs by
providing pricing and gathering all other necessary
- Oversee marketing content.
- As required, establish partnerships with suppliers to
compliment the range of products, services and solutions that can
be offered to the customers.
- Collaborate with interior component OEMs to get Celeste
products listed in the manuals.
- Participate in industry tradeshows, conferences and
- Occasional travel may be required (25-50% of the time).
Employee must have a valid drivers license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Education and Experience
- BS/BA in business or marketing field (Technical degree
preferred) with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of new product development processes and tools
- Demonstrated track record in a high volume manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record of margin improvement from both
organic growth and new product commercialization.
- Direct experience in relationship management in a matrix
- Ability to develop and make effective presentations to
management and customers.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and working
knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Demonstrated ability to set a strategic vision and drive
outcomes aligned to the ITW Enterprise strategy.
- Ability to drive short-term and long-term results
- Ability to learn and apply the unique ITW Business Model
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team through market
assessment, customer needs, product creation that led to
significant salesOther Competencies
- Knowledge of going to market via the channel and managing a
wider product portfolio is preferred.
- Experience developing effective marketing communications and
sales training programs as well as experience of working with
- Competitive Insights experience preferred
- Strong team player with ability to interact with and relate to
all levels of employees in the organization.
- Individual must be a highly motivated, self-starting team
player that can successfully manage multiple priorities in a timely
fashion with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to plan and organize non-structured objectives into
structured projects and tasks.
- Excellent written, organizational and communications
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical product
information including drawings and written specifications.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills; proven ability to work
with and leverage other people.
- Integrity, strong business ethics.
- Overtime as needed to support needs of positionITW is an equal
opportunity employer. We value our colleagues unique perspectives,
experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can
develop their careers and perform to their full potential. As an
equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal
employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning
with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the
employment relationship. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin,
age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
laws. ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues
unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces
where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full
potential. As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is
committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for
employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through
all aspects of the employment relationship. _All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion,
national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
local laws. _ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: ITW, Olathe , Product Manager, Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!