District Manager - Current College Student - Olathe Division (MO, KS, AR, NE, OK)
Posted on: June 20, 2022
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot
in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all
around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our
exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we
create in every corner of our company and the people at each level
who make that happen.Are you pursuing your undergraduate or
post-graduate degree and looking for real responsibility and the
ability to make a true impact? If so, this role is for you. Our
District Managers are responsible for supervising the operations of
an entire ALDI district and have the opportunity to make a lasting
impact on our global organization. You'll oversee up to six stores
while leading employees and driving sales growth for one of the
fastest growing US grocery retailers. To prepare you for this
rewarding and challenging position you'll receive up to 44 weeks of
paid training, where you'll take on responsibility for the
operations, management and performance of a multi-million dollar
Roles within this division cover these areas: Western & Southwest
Missouri, Kansas, Northwest Arkansas, Southeast Nebraska and
Click here to view our divisional map
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: A minimum $90K (inclusive of $5K signing bonus) with
the potential to earn $115K+ in five years
- Salary/bonus varies by market
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing
levels with input from direct reports.
- Works with direct reports to develop and implement action plans
that will improve operating results.
- Ensures adherence to company merchandising plans.
- Plans and conducts regularly scheduled meetings with direct
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their
team's staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that
achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team's
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and
performance expectations to their team to assure mutual
understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external
barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as
communicates and models the core values, of the organization to
create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Reviews and analyzes the competitive pricing within the
district and keeps leadership informed of ALDI's competitive
- Provides product feedback to leadership, including making
recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should
- Coordinates with direct reports in the recruitment and
interviewing of applicants.
- Confers with direct reports regarding the advancement of store
personnel and when considering the discharge or discipline of store
- Supports direct reports in conducting store meetings.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable
services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline
applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant
changes to their field/area; communicates updates to
- Ensures that store personnel comply with the company's customer
- Oversees and manages the appropriate resolution of operational
customer concerns by store management.
- Ensures that store management monitors store conditions,
equipment, and employee performance to maintain a safe environment
for employees, customers, and vendors.
- Oversees and manages stores' compliance with established
policies and procedures within the district, as well as applicable
federal, state, and local regulations.
- Oversees and manages the achievement of store payroll budgets
and total loss results; ensures that results achieved are within
- Review and analyzes store personnel's adherence to inventory
procedures, product handling guidelines, and cash control policies
and procedures to minimize losses.
- Conducts store inventory counts and cash audits according to
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion
through effective prioritization, work planning, resource
allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process
- Serves as the primary link between their team's staff and
leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives,
and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the
growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and
- Negotiation skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and
- Knowledge of the products and services of the company.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and
- Gives attention to detail and follow instructions.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Knowledge of human resource management and the ability to
manage store personnel relating to recruitment, selection,
training, development, motivation, retention, and separation.
- Company Car.ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits,
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount ProgramIn addition,
eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life InsuranceClick here to learn more about the
benefits ALDI has to offer
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and
applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not
discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age,
marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition,
genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which
includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to
pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected
characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of
an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report,
and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Keywords: Aldi, Olathe , District Manager - Current College Student - Olathe Division (MO, KS, AR, NE, OK), Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!