Director of Quality Control
Company: Lennar Homes
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Overview Our Company:LennarSFR (LSFR) is the single-family
rental firm providing high quality, newly-built rental homes,
townhomes and condos at affordable rental prices across the United
States and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (LEN,
NYSE). Founded in 1954 as a Miami homebuilder, Lennar Corporation
now operates a diversified national platform. In fiscal year 2020,
the firm delivered 52,925 new homes and posted consolidated
revenues of $22.5 billion. Lennar Corporation's core principles of
Quality, Value and Integrity are the underlying foundation upon
which it was built. The firm is committed to the highest standards
of corporate governance, business integrity and professionalism.
Responsibilities Summary of Position:LennarSFR (LSFR) is seeking a
Director of Quality Control to join the Single Family Rental (SFR)
investment management platform. This candidate will oversee a team
responsible for ensuring that homes being purchased and rented are
defect-free. The QC team coordinates with builders and departments
across the company to ensure compliance with all federal and state
procedures and regulations, including safety and building codes.
The right candidate must be detail-oriented, capable of managing
multiple work streams simultaneously, and have superior
time-management to meet crucial deadlines. In this role, the
candidate will work cross-functionally with Property Managers,
Asset Managers and Transaction Coordinators. Experience with real
estate quality control and compliance is essential.Job
- Develop and implement plans and objectives for the department
in an effective and innovative fashion
- Oversee and coordinate daily operations
- Maintain compliance with external regulations and internal
- Assess and report progress in meeting division objectives
- Monitor staffing needs and make recommendations to division
leadership as needed (e.g. interviewing, hiring, new hire and
ongoing training, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Develop and provide requested reports for the executive
- Visit portfolio properties regularly to conduct comprehensive
- Build genuine relationships with peers in the field and foster
a culture of partnership
- Identify safety hazards and structural defects on the interior
and exterior of the properties
- Inspect structural integrity, water quality, as well as
electrical and plumbing systems
- Communicate with the responsible maintenance teams to
facilitate repairs and improvements
- Provide clients or other stakeholders with regular inspection
- Relay detailed inspection findings to clients in a timely
- Document processes and maintain records
- Keep informed of ever-changing construction regulations
Qualifications Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or
related field highly desired. Will consider equivalent work
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience in residential
construction environments as a Construction Superintendent or
- Minimum 5 years' supervisory experience.
- SFR management experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail and excellent organization skills a
- Intermediate or greater proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Interpersonal aptitude. Physical Requirements:This is a
position which requires the LSFR Associate to be able to view
computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment,
paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where
visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand,
and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities,
homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak,
hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs.
Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit
communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend
training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary
for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities
of this position. This description outlines the basic
responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is
not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.#CB
Keywords: Lennar Homes, Olathe , Director of Quality Control, Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!