Director, Talent Development
Posted on: November 20, 2020
SelectQuote has a unique opportunity for a leader who is interested
in building a new function from the ground up. The role of Director
of Talent Development is a new position at SelectQuote. Our company
has experienced tremendous growth and the executive team is very
supportive of developing programs that will improve the
effectiveness of our employees from entry level to supervisors to
the executive level. The successful individual will implement tools
around competency development, coaching, assessments, and
mentoring. This position is key to supporting our continued
business growth and development of our talent and future leaders.
This role reports to the Chief HR Officer.
* Develops and implements state-of-the-art learning and development
strategies for employees at all levels in support of key business
* Leads the design, planning, implementation, management and
delivery of programs to enhance the skills, knowledge and abilities
of employees and that enhance company culture.
* Direct and plan strategic alignment of training programs by
conducting needs assessments in consultation with business
Talent Development Programming
* Consult with leaders throughout the organization and deliver a
variety of programs, opportunities, and projects to improve
employee, organization, leadership, and team performance across all
levels of the organization.
* Create an engaging new hire employee on-boarding experience which
aligns with the culture of the organization and prepares employees
for successful job performance.
* Offer an array of instructor-led, online, webinar, and blended
learning options to accommodate employees in multiple
* Evaluate existing Learning Management Systems currently in use
and develop plan to determine the best platform(s) for the business
to use going forward.
* Measures training and development program results and overall
effectiveness; continually refines programs to ensure successful
* Design and implement best in class leadership development
programs to develop managers and leaders to position their
employees to meet the future goals of the organization.
* Partner with leaders on development initiatives including
employee career progression, leadership development programs and
succession planning activities.
* This is a new department; this leader will need to assess
resource needs and hire a team to support all programs.
* Leads the team, recruits new team members, develops the team to
their full potential and holds the team accountable for delivering
excellent service and programs to employees.
* Prepare and manage an annual budget consistent with employee
* Develops relationships with leaders and employees at all levels
throughout the organization.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related
* 8+ years progressive experience in corporate learning and
development, with 5+ years of experience leading a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience implementing mentoring, leadership and orientation
* Experience developing and implementing performance management and
succession planning processes.
* Experience building and leading a team of learning and
* Experience with executive coaching and executive leadership
* Development and implementation of training and development
programs, in particular, leadership development.
* Excellent written and analytical skills; the ability to write
clear and well-developed strategies and action plans to support a
high level of performance by employees.
* Demonstrated skills/experience in initiating, planning, and
executing a wide variety of projects effectively and
* Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention
* Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mind-set; building
valuable relationships based on trust, respect and
* Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills in
Keywords: SelectQuote, Olathe , Director, Talent Development, Executive , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!