Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
performing intermediate level maintenance, service, and repair of
J.B. Hunt trailers, containers, chassis and other equipment.
Technicians must be able to troubleshoot issues and complete all
fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt
specifications at all times. This position has the possibility to
work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts including
nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it requires
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- $19 - $28/ hour
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. Trailer Technician
depending on verified years of experience and position
- Demonstrate foundational knowledge of preventative maintenance,
replacement of parts/components, basic repairs as it pertains to
trailer maintenance, air brake systems, and FHWA
- Accurately perform basic repairs to company and manufacturer
specifications, complete work orders, demonstrate proficiency in
company requirements forstandard repair times (SRT) and warranty
- Always maintain professional communication with JB Hunt
personnel and customers .
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Work independently and seek assistance as needed .
- 18 years of age .
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if
- Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role.
These tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations.
Employees without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox
Preferred Qualification s:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent .
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes .
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds) .
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Basic active listening skills .
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a
- Basic deductive reasoning skills .
- Basic organizational skills .
- Basic time management skills .
- Basic welding skills (MIG and stick) .
- Self-motivation .
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Olathe , Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, Engineering , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!