Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Company: Safelite AutoGlass
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Does this position interest you? You should apply - even if you
don't match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass
company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass,
we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and
encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever
You've probably never thought about working with auto glass for a
living - you're not alone! Our everyday heroes come from all sorts
of backgrounds, many of which have little (or no) mechanical
experience. If you're naturally curious and have a customer service
mindset, we'll teach you the rest.
The Technician Trainee is Safelite's entry level preview into the
world of vehicle glass repair and replacement. This
career-launching opportunity provides a paid, formal training
program that teaches everything needed to complete basic repairs
and replacements to anyone looking for a hands-on career. Click
here to check out what it's like to be a Safelite Technician.
What You'll Get
- Competitive weekly base pay starting at $18/hour, increasing to
$20/hour after training and certification.
- Potential to earn up to $22/hour as a Senior Tech and up to
$24/hour as a Master Tech.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. This includes a
401(k) plan with company matching, medical coverage plans
customized to suit your needs and a commitment to work/life balance
through our paid time off (PTO) programs, company holidays and paid
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- View all our health, wealth and life offerings at
What You'll Do
- Learn to replace & repair vehicle glass (in the classroom and
hands on) with a focus on the Safelite's installation standards
under the guidance of experienced technicians and Safelite
- Learn to recalibrate vehicle safety systems utilizing Safelite
tools, materials and processes.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency on Safelite's tools and
- Offer additional products and services to customers.
- Consistently deliver service so great, it's memorable.
- Safely and professionally operate a company vehicle to and from
customer sites throughout the workday.
What You'll Need
- Age: Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Valid state-issued driver's license required.
- The ability to operate a Safelite van, following all safety,
cleanliness policies, traffic laws, and maintain a safe driving
- Flexibility with hours and days trained/worked, as workloads
- Comfort working outside in a variety of weather
- Present a professional appearance and wear personal protective
- Physical requirements: lifting and carrying up to 75 lbs. for
short periods, working at elevated heights, safely using windshield
adhesives, and remaining on your feet for extended periods.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent preferred; ability to read,
write and interpret technical directions required.
Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team? Apply
through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse
workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on
benefit elections during enrollment.
Keywords: Safelite AutoGlass, Olathe , Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee, Engineering , Olathe, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!